Clone Stamp Tool won't work properly Photoshop 2022

Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started using Photoshop, and I'm having a problem with the Clone Stamp tool. After sampling an area, when I try to "paint" with the tool, the crosshairs reappear and move with my pen. I am not sure why this is happening. I have tried resetting my tools, updating Photoshop, restarting my computer, checking and un-checking Aligned, Clipped, and Show Overlay. I'm using Windows 11 and Photoshop 22, v 23.2

Video attached.

I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work, but it makes detail work a challenge.

Any help if appreciated, thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022
Yes, it follows your movements. Check this tutorial: How to remove objects from a photo or image | Adobe Photoshop tutorials (Skip ahead to about the 1:45 mark if you like.)

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jack23306200u7du Yes, that's how it's supposed to work. The crosshair symbol is to show you the point of the sample area that is being cloned. You can adjust the spacing (offset) in the Clone Stamp Source panel if that helps you.

JainLemos_0-1645658438583.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does the crosshair move with my pen? It keeps changing the sampling area.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it follows your movements. Check this tutorial: How to remove objects from a photo or image | Adobe Photoshop tutorials (Skip ahead to about the 1:45 mark if you like.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, I see.

Thank you so much for your help, it was driving me crazy.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, no worries, I get it! Glad that sorted it out for you. I think you'll get the hang of it soon enough and love it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope so!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines