• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close the groups in the action panel

Engaged ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a way to close the groups that contain the actions?

Schermata 2023-04-14 alle 12.09.12.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't it closing/collapsing when you click on the downward facing Set arrow?

This is only one Set at a time though, sadly, key-modifiers don't do anything globally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to do this with a script if possible
I use dozens of actions and closing them one at a time takes a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I missed the "tag/label" for Actions & Scripting and didn't realise that this was a scripting question... This is beyond my pay-grade and would likely take some advanced AM code. If the action is saved in a collapsed state, then it can be loaded in a collapsed state, which might be quicker and possible to script the removal and loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To load an action set via scripting:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/loading-actions-with-a-script/m-p/396...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/load-action-set-via-script-not-workin...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/programatically-load-unload-actions/m...

https://www.ps-scripts.com/viewtopic.php?p=89033

Deleting a set or action is easy enough to get via ScriptingListener.

deleteActionSet("Set 27");

function deleteActionSet(setName) {
	function s2t(s) {
		return app.stringIDToTypeID(s);
	}
	var descriptor = new ActionDescriptor();
	var reference = new ActionReference();
	reference.putName( s2t( "actionSet" ), setName );
	descriptor.putReference( s2t( "null" ), reference );
	executeAction( s2t( "delete" ), descriptor, DialogModes.NO );
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm only interested in closing open groups
if you can find a method for it.

thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of a way to do that, if you are lucky somebody else does!

What I do know is that if a set is saved in a closed state, it opens that way. So the roundabout workaround is to delete and reopen the set. This will of course change its position in the panel.

It is a less than ideal hack which achieves your desired outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the easy way. If we get access to the action file, then we just need to change the flag of the open group in it to the flag of the closed one and reload file in the palette.

The main difficulty here is how to access the action file.

Actions Palette.psp is updated by Photoshop itself when restarting (that is, the changes that we can make there will not be reflected in real time. In this case, when Photoshop closes, the file will be overwritten and our changes will be lost).

I don't know how to dump an action group into a file using a script. It is possible to make a droplet and read an action from it, but the problem is that the droplet can only export one command at a time. That is, we will first need to unload each command, then manually recreate the state of the palette.

It is not worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe the question is wrong. My problem is this I don't have to upload shares, I just want to close the action groups which are present in the action panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way to change the state of the action palette "on the fly" using scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I may not understand the problem, but Alt/Option clicking on that arrow will close all open actions in that set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines