• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color difference in photoshop and other programs

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I upload photos to print, the photo is dull and the colors don't match what they were in photoshop. If I print them through a commercial print shop they turn yellowish, or blueish. Right now I have been trying to figure out the correct color settings that it should be in. At this point, I need to know exactly what my color settings should be. I have tried in SRGB, Prophoto rgb. Please help, I need to get some printing done. Maybe it's more than color settings, I just don't know. 

Thank you in advance,

Yvonne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question would be better answered in the Photoshop ecosystem forum. Moving it there

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can suggest you to read manual or ask printer provider.

I will tag some expert who can help: @TheDigitalDog @D Fosse 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Yvonne. Here's some info about ICC profiles to get you started. You'll need to understand some colour management to grasp the situation. 

Photoshop uses ICC profiles [which are embedded in images] in conjunction with the display screen's ICC profile in a calculation to provide an accurate onscreen rendition of the image pixels*

(*IF the display screen is calibrated and profiled accurately, that’s an important IF).

Prints made by a print service using good colour management should match your screen well (if the prints are viewed in good daylight conditions).

Many application programs are not colour managed so ignore the display profile and the image profile. This means they will often show images quite differently.  If producing images that may be viewed in non colour managed workflows then sRGB is generally considered to be the best default colour space. 

Perhaps try viewing and printing this (Adobe RGB colourspace) reference test image?

You can convert to sRGB and send to the print service, if that's what they require. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines