• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Management Windows 11

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking to upgrade my OS from Windows 10 to 11 and noticed there are some new features regarding color management. Specifically the new "Auto Color Management" ACM system. Does this system conflict at all with the Adobe color management system? Are there any settings or parameters that I need to be aware of/disable for a proper color-managed workflow? 

I use a wide gamut hardware calibrated display (in native gamut).

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi D Fosse,

Thanks for your reply, really informative. ACM is actually supposed to provide consistency in color across all apps and you should be able to turn it off for specific color-managed softwares. But reading some reports over the web, it seems this option is gone, and only Windows Photo is color managed.

This is an inevitable feature, more and more DCI-P3 monitors will be available for Windows users, because with Apple computers this is already present and even applications like Instagram already support reading P3 color profiles.

So the only way is to wait.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines