• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color overlay question

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! It´s my first time posting a question, so hopefully this is the right place to post. I study graphic design and for one of my exams I want to create this overlay effect that I´ve seen a lot on pinterest and other places. The effect I want is to have an image with a color overlay (example a bright blue), and a background color (example a bright yellow). However I want the background color to kind of come through on the areas that are transparent on the image. My explanation is not the best - so I´m adding a photo from pinterest so you can see what I mean. I´m just wondering if any of you maybe know how to create this effect, or just know what it´s called so I can search for it online? Any feedback will be appreciated!:)

Image for photoshop question.jpeg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marte!

What you seem to be looking for is called "halftone". Photoshop can certainly help you in that effort! Lots of good tutorials on how to do that on youtube.

halftone in photoshop - YouTube

Let us know if that isn't quite what you are looking for or if you have more specific questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post the image you want to edit thusly. 

Blend If-settings and some Groups/Layers can be used to emulate such an effect. 

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 15.08.24.png

Edit: If a halftone pattern is wanted a Pattern Layer with the Blend Mode »Hard Mix« can be used. 

Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 15.19.12.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines