• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Panel - "RGB Spectrum"

Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, hope everyone is staying safe! Not to worry, summer is upon us and things will be looking up very soon 🙂

I have question-

In Color Panel, click on the pull-down menu (in upper-right-hand-corner of panel, just under the "x" close window button)

from there, we can see "RGB Spectrum"

if we select it, then our color panel changes to the RGB Spectrum. I find this useful tool for changing foreground color.

Problem is, it does not have 'little circle' which shows the current foreground color, much like if we have "Hue Cube" selected instead of RBG Spectrum.

I am wondering-

is there way to have it make little circle like in "Hue Cube"? Because if so, I will always be using this RGB Spectrum instead - I find it much easier way to change colors, because we can see entire spectrum at once and not have to pull any sliders to adjust hue/saturation/value. 

Thanks you to all who will read this 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am not sure if you know about the heads-up display color picker: on the image, hold Shift + Alt + right-click (Windows) or Control + Option + Command (Mac OS)

https://helpx.adobe.com/be_en/photoshop/using/choosing-colors.html#choose_a_color_while_painting

See also: https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2017/09/3-2-1-photoshop-six-easy-ways-to-select-colors-in-photoshop.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the circle gives you the position of the hue column at the left, the RGB spectrum gives everything in 2D... You can change the sliders on top to be in HSB or RGB, if you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, and thanks-you for your reply!

I have made mistake. I did not explain something more clear.

In Color Panel, please ensure that "RGB Spectrum" is selected.

Next, enlarge Color Panel by dragging bottom-right-hand-corner so entire panel becomes much bigger.

Now we can see much larger RGB Spectrum.

This is where I am looking for litte circle to update us on what color is currently foreground color, much like "Hue Cube" does. 

We can still change foreground color by clicking anywhere inside of RGB Spectrum, but it does not leave little circle after clicking on it. 

I am hoping to find way to have that little circle there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, no because purpose of the circle is not to let you see the color you have, but to vary it...

It's there to let you change the color on both the Brightness/Saturation axis, and the triangle is there to let you see where you are on the hue axis.

The sliders on top let you see where you "are".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, thank. 

It looks like it may not be possible then at all 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines