Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color problem after an export for web

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello to all

I have a problem that I can not solve for the moment. I have a web page to do for which I have to respect the graphic chart of a logo with 2 precise colors. So far no worries.

But here it is: when I export a jpg, the Hexadecimal / RGB code of my colors moves. Not much, to the eye It does not really see, but it's not the same code ...

I use the CC 2018 to date with the latest version, I made an export for the web and whatever I choose as an option (optimized or not, srgb or not, incorporate the profile or not ...), I can not not to have the color exactly the same.

I have an orange # F18825 (RGB: 241, 136, 37) and I end up with a # FF890D (RGB: 255, 137, 13) after a 100% JPG export

Would anyone have an idea?

Thank you in advance and good day !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't always happen, try #858585 or #496089, but it doesn't seem that surprising that jpeg compression would randomly alter pixel colors. When would a one gray level change be a problem for web display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same experience, for instance #1D1D1F exports faithfully, whilst #333333 does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I honestly can't see this as something to be concerned about. If you need accuracy, you just don't use jpeg. The jpeg format has so many problems that this one becomes insignificant.

You only use jpeg for one thing: reduce file size when the price for that size reduction is a worthwhile tradeoff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your responses

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not simply a profile conversion issue.

In fact- if you are saving images for web that need to match a hex code of a web interface element (something styles with CSS), you should actually not color manage the document, since browsers to not interpret / use color profiles in a consistent manner from one browser to the other. By using monitor RGB instead, your hex codes will be the same in an exported image as they are within a webpage where something is styled with CSS rules.

That's right: if you are trying to export images with colors that match colors defined in CSS, you do not want to use sRGB space! Not enough people understand this.

More info here: https://www.viget.com/articles/the-mysterious-save-for-web-color-shift/

Similar question and answer here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/photoshop-cs6-save-for-web-some-color...

That said, as OP pointed out- there can still be a color shift when saving a jpg in this manner. I have found this to be the case (unfortunately) when the quality is set below 60%. Below 60%, the compression forces some colors to shift. It's very slight, but it is noticeable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines