Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color shift problems

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Team,

I'm having a serious issue with Photoshop's display. When I load an image, it shows it with a strong yellow/orange cast. If I then ask PS to send it to Camera Raw, the colors look as they should. I've used PS for years, and I'm using Photoshop 22.4.1 here and on my personal account at home (where this doesn't happen). 

I've attached a photo showing the image as it appears in Photoshop, and overlayed with how it properly looks in Camera Raw. 

What's happening? How am I supposed to tone photos for my newspaper when PS is showing the wrong color.

Paul Lara
InsideNoVa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Have you checked to ensure that PS isn't in Proof Color preview mode? Please look under your View menu. Check that your Proof Setup is set to the correct setting, and then make sure that Proof Preview is turned off. Hope that helps. Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 12.11.04 PM.jpg

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a defective monitor profile, probably distributed through Windows Update. That can often affect (color managed) applications differently.

The proper fix is to use a calibrator, but if you don't have one, replace your current profile with sRGB IEC61966-2.1 as a temporary measure until you get one. Relaunch Photoshop when done, it loads the profile at application startup:

Displayprofile_50_1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I totally agree with D.Fosse here,

please do try his solution - we read about this here more than weekly. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines