Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color stripes on some saved photos

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have following issue:

Sometimes after I export an image I was working on, it saves with weird colored line - see below (in this case - yellow over model's head). It happens about 1 out of 20 or so images, with diffrent colors and sizes. It is incredibly annoying as often it results in an hour or more of wasted time having to edit photo again.

What can be the dorce of the problem?

Photoshop version 25.5.1

On MacBook Pro, 13", M1, 2020, 8GB, Sonoma 14.3.1

426326636_418001067271086_8847697900103311593_n.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's either a bug in the GPU code in MacOS, or, more likely, file corruption.

If it's the first, it's transient and comes and goes. If it's the second, it's permanently baked into the pixel data.

File corruption is always caused by failing hardware. It can be a failing drive or bad RAM, but it can also be worn cables and connectors, e.g. to an external drive, or card reader if it happens on import of raw files.

Either way, you need to identify it and make backups immediately before it spreads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great advice, as always!  Had that happen, once - while using a stick or some other drive source for some images - to work on at another location/computer.  It was flat-out file corruption that occured from the other drive-source or the other computer.  Thank goodness all the images were properly backed up on my own system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ity happened both with files on external drives and locally. Should I claim the computer for warranty suspecting problems with ram/drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lovely portrait work!

Not sure what to tell you, ... .  When I had that similar problem, I ran a full diagnostic on my desktop (iMac - not MacBook) and the external drive(s) and my back-ups. All was fine, there, thankfully!   But did not bother testing the device with the corrupted files. I just destroyed that device, and moved on.  Had to start the processing work over again, ... oh, well.  The file corruption definitely was not in Photoshop.

I learned to never start any image work without having a complete external backup, first.  Backups aren't negotiable, ever, to me. 

There are so many failings that could have happened as the Community Expert above - D Fosse - outlines.

Wish you the best results!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines