• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color tagging Layers in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When tagging a layer with one of the seven color options, I don't see the small color swatch next to the color name. I can assign a color to the layer no problem but just wondering why the color swatches don't appear as I've seen in numurous Youtube videos. I checked the preferences but can't seem to find an option to turn on or off. I'm using the latest Photoshop version on Windows 10. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You have assigned Blue, and Blue is showing as the Layer color. What have you seen in the Youtube videos?

58D1E6C2-2260-4E71-BA0A-25467B0700EB.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, maybe I didn't explain myself correctly. Where I'm showing a check mark next to the color name, I should see a small colour swatch of the same colour as the name, NOT a check mark. Is this an option that can be turned on? Or is that a Mac feature only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Or is that a Mac feature only?"

I think it's a Mac/Windows difference. I created a new layer on my Mac, then right-clicked and assigned a color. Now I have right-clicked again. I have the color swatches showing, but no checkbox.

Quite honestly, I use both platforms and have never noticed this minor difference before! Thanks for coming back to clarify, btw.

~ Jane

jane-e_1-1587835753343.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for checking. I still find it odd that both versions are not mirror copies of each other. Huh. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"both versions are not mirror copies"

There are a few other minor differences between the Windows and Mac versions, such as

• if you are changing a blending mode you can use your arrow keys to navigate in Windows and not Mac
  • where the X to close the tabs for the document windows is located.
  • the alternate color picker in Preferences
    jane-e_0-1587842531583.png

Mostly it's how the operating system is structured and not anything major. I thought I knew all of them, but I hadn't caught this one! Photoshop was Mac only until version 2.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only see that when you create a new layer using the Layer > New Layer dialogue

davescm_0-1587830718352.png

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To the forum:

The threading is confusing. Dave replied two hours before me. Why did my reply appear before his? Tomorrow only the date will be posted for both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will check that Dave. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines