• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Combination file format and filter plug-in?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2006 Jan 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a file format plug-in. After reading in an image, I want to apply a filter to it. Is it possible to apply the filter from within the file format plug-in?

Alternatively, is there a means by which one plug-in can start another plug-in?
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2006 Jan 13, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to control this all via an automation plug-in. You will need three plug-ins.

1. The automation plug-in (AMP) will be a listener plug-in and 'listen' for eventOpen with your file format as the class. These needs to happen at Photoshop launch. (See Listener example)

2. User will open your file and your file format plug-in will run.

3. Your AMP will get called with the 'eventOpen' 'classMyPlugIn' or whatever you set up.

4. AMP will now call your filter plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2006 Jan 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I now have this running with my automation plug-in 'listening' for eventOpen. But I'm not clear on how to specify my file format as the class. Do you know of any documentation or samplecode that explains this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2006 Jan 26, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to look at the eventOpen descriptor for your class. Check out SimpleFormat example to see how it is seen during the eventOpen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2006 Jan 31, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again! My automation plugin is now up and running smoothly.

One last question: what is the easiest/preferred way of sending user data from one plug-in to another? What type event? In my case, I want to send user data from my file format plugin, to my listener plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2006 Mar 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Whatever you put in your file format descriptor should be seen in your listener plug-in. use the listener example and make sure it is picking up your file format plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines