Command H does not hide marching ants anymore

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Mac with CC 20.  Used to be that CMD H would hide the marching ants of a selection.  Now it hides Photoshop. What happened?  How do I fix this, or use a different key to hide the ants?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Sorry I forgot that fixing this behavior has changed - not sure which version or OS - but now:

In Photoshop go Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts, go to View, and change the shortcut for Extras to Cmd-H.

You'll get a warning that this changes an OS shortcut which is fine (I think the OS shortcut changes to Cmd-Ctrl-H). You may need to quit Photoshop and relaunch, but Cmd-H will hide marching ants after that.

Otherwise you can continue to use Cmd-Ctl-H to hide selections.

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jean-François Vibert bonjour!

je remarque que CMD+H est listé deux fois, qu'en est-il s'il n'est utilisé que dans l'un des deux raccourcis ? Normalement, il devrait y avoir un message d'erreur, non?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines