• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command H does not hide marching ants anymore

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Mac with CC 20.  Used to be that CMD H would hide the marching ants of a selection.  Now it hides Photoshop. What happened?  How do I fix this, or use a different key to hide the ants?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Engaged , Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Sorry I forgot that fixing this behavior has changed - not sure which version or OS - but now:

In Photoshop go Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts, go to View, and change the shortcut for Extras to Cmd-H.

You'll get a warning that this changes an OS shortcut which is fine (I think the OS shortcut changes to Cmd-Ctrl-H). You may need to quit Photoshop and relaunch, but Cmd-H will hide marching ants after that.

Otherwise you can continue to use Cmd-Ctl-H to hide selections.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Sorry for the confusion. PS 2021 on Mac

Go to

- Edit

-Keyboard Shortcuts

-Select

- View - (Then finally)

- Selection Edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2021 Dec 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! 

I recently experiment exactly the same problem as you...

On a Macbook Air M1 under Mac OS 12.1 : this is new...

I've trye many different solution, and no succes. Including modifi the text of the Préference Keyboard Shortcuts in Application Support.

Nothing worked... 

Any new informations ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jean-François Vibert bonjour!

je remarque que CMD+H est listé deux fois, qu'en est-il s'il n'est utilisé que dans l'un des deux raccourcis ? Normalement, il devrait y avoir un message d'erreur, non?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really hate this stuff. I still can't get command H to work. Why did this change. It's as bad as the Command F key putting me in search!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See prior fix. This is a quote:

In Photoshop go Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts, go to View, and change the Shortcut for Extras to Cmd-H.

You'll get a warning that this changes an OS shortcut which is fine (I think the OS shortcut changes to Cmd-Ctrl-H). You may need to quit Photoshop and relaunch, but Cmd-H will hide marching ants after that.

Otherwise you can continue to use Cmd-Ctl-H to hide selections."

Per my setup osx Sonoma, M2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. On another thread someone showed how to do it with a nice animation, which I needed because it was impossible for me to find otherwise. I just have to remember to keep saving my workspace to keep it installed when I reset preferences after the usual spinning ball comes back after about ten to twenty hours worth of Photoshop work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines