• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Command-T (Transform) bounding box is entire canvas, not intended shape.

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 22.4.2 MacOS running on Catalina 10.15.7.

Often, when I select something that needs to be transformed, then press "Command-T" (for transform), the bounding box does not surround the item I chose, but instead the entire canvas. I don't know why it happens sometimes and then goes away. 

I just painted a shape onto the screen using a brush. Then I pressed "Command-T" and the bounding box was surrounding only the shape. Then I clicked out and back into Photoshop (by clicking on the Desktop) and also off the layer, then re-selected the layer. Then when I pressed Command-T, the bounding box was the entire canvas. 

Can this be fixed?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Looks like your in Quick Mask Mode. Press Q to Exit Quick Mask Mode or click on the Quick Mask icon in the toolbox.

qm1.png

qm2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this seems weird. But by the LOOKS of it, without seeing your layers, I would assume you have the white background layer selected, rather then the shape?...... OR  its just acting extremely bizarre. And in that case, try restarting Photoshop holding down Command+Option+Shift to clear preferences and see if that helps.

I hope so.

best,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layer in questiosn is very much not the size of the entire canvas. It is smaller. This also happens with paths that I select and attempt to transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the current layer is canvas size it would be if your transforming the layer.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layer in question is very much amsller than the canvas. This also happens with paths that I select and attempt to transform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like your in Quick Mask Mode. Press Q to Exit Quick Mask Mode or click on the Quick Mask icon in the toolbox.

qm1.png

qm2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa! hahahahaha

I don't know how I did that, but thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nice catch Jeff!

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines