• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Communication between Automation and Filter plug-in

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to create an Automation plug-in to communicate to a Filter plug-in to get information (includes: start address, data size, height, weight...) of picture which is displaying on Photoshop window. But right now, I don't know the way to do this.

Does Photoshop SDK support to do this? Please help me.

Thanks,

Hieu Nguyen.
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, see the automationfilter and hidden examples.<br /><br /><br /><Hieu_Nguyen@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bc45199.-1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />>I would like to create an Automation plug-in to communicate to a Filter <br />>plug-in to get information (includes: start address, data size, height, <br />>weight...) of picture which is displaying on Photoshop window. But right <br />>now, I don't know the way to do this.<br />><br />> Does Photoshop SDK support to do this? Please help me.<br />><br />> Thanks,<br />><br />> Hieu Nguyen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2007 Jul 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Tom Ruark,

In AutomationFilter project, I see API that get pixelData like this:

error = sPSActionDescriptor->PutInteger(descriptor,
keyPointer, (int32)pixelData);

Is this the API to get the starting address of image in memory?

Thanks,

Hieu Nguyen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2007 Jul 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There are two versions of the automationfilter + hidden example.<br /><br />The first one, I think version 6 or 7 of the SDK. Had the following <br />workflow.<br /><br />1. AutomationFilter allocated memory for the pixel data<br />2. AutomationFilter did the PutInteger as you describe below and called the <br />Hidden filter<br />3. The HiddenFilter got the pixel data and copied the information into the <br />pointer and exited<br />4. The AutomationFilter changed the pixel data and then called the Hidden <br />filter again<br />5. The HiddenFilter wrote the pixel data via the filter callbacks.<br /><br />This is VERY inefficient and breaks down quickly on large documents.<br /><br />The next generation of the AutomationFilter and Hidden example is what is <br />currently in the SDK.<br /><br />1. AutomationFilter determines which commands to send to the Hidden filter<br />2. The Hidden filter executes the filter operation in entirety.<br /><br />In this mode there is no passing of pixel data back to the automation <br />filter. All pixel munging is handled in the hidden filter and all the <br />automationfilter does is send the correct command to the hidden filter.<br /><br /><Hieu_Nguyen@adobeforums.com> wrote in message <br />news:3bc45199.1@webcrossing.la2eafNXanI...<br />> Dear Tom Ruark,<br />><br />> In AutomationFilter project, I see API that get pixelData like this:<br />><br />> error = sPSActionDescriptor->PutInteger(descriptor,<br />> keyPointer, (int32)pixelData);<br />><br />> Is this the API to get the starting address of image in memory?<br />><br />> Thanks,<br />><br />> Hieu Nguyen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2007 Jul 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, we still don't know whatever parameter is used to get start address of picture in the automationfilter and hidden examples. Can you help us?
Thanks
PhatLS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines