• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contact Sheet - change grid order

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to make a grid of images that match the positional order that images were taken in. They're microscope images where the microscope took pictures in ~300 places across the surface of the slide in a serpentine pattern (take 10 images left to right, shift down, take 10 images right to left, shift down, take 10 images left to right etc). When I make a contact sheet grid of the images, it always starts each row on the left, so every other row is "out of order" for my purposes. I'm open to any idea to make a grid in an automated way! Contact sheets just seemed like the easiest automated option which is why I've been exploring that.

Thank you!!

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since it's a script, it can of course it can be modified in any way you wnat to enforce specific ordering. Similarly, there are alternate scripts out there that already provide more advanced options. And finally of course you can simply try alternate image viewers like IrfanView and XnView that have similar functions and also offer more control over ordering based on specific criteria and can create contact sheets as well.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How are the images named? Is this affecting the sort order? Are they all in the original created date/time order?

Contact sheet II simply fills up the first column, then moves onto the next column etc.

If running from selected images in Bridge, using a manual custom sort order allows one to control the order of the images that populate into the first column, then the second etc.

Another option is xbytor's "Contact Sheet X" script, it can work by column or row for example:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/ContactSheetX/v2.2/CSX-2_2.zip

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ps-scripts/files/ContactSheetX/v2.2/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines