• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Aware Tracing Tool

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what this falls under but after trying this tool out, it's a nice idea but it's not close to even being good enough to use. It can't tell what the edge is and grabs everything big and small, which ends up creating more work. As of right now I can just grap the pen tool/path tool and draw it faster then me taking the time to click around the image and then having to zoom in and readjust all the broken paths. Also having to go back in and readjust the paths creates more opportunity to miss parts of the image. If you can use the same algorithm you use for the object selection tool to be able to find the edges and then have that instantly create a path, that would be better. Does this make sense?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @WarrenGR86,

Thanks for the post about Object Selection tool improvements. Curious if you're aware of the option to Right-Click on the selection created by the Object Selection tool and choose "Make Work Path"? This is just a couple clicks, but gets at what you're requesting here.

PeteGreen_0-1661546328629.png

This path will show up in the paths panel and then you could edit to taste.

Let us know if this works for you!

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PG,

Thanks for reaching out to me, yes I'm aware of "make work path" but I was using the tool as is and it was not very good. When I use it for something that has simple shapes it works, but when I tested it on a photo and tried to trace a person it would not work that well. That's what I was referring to. It kept creating short broken paths that later I would have to go in and fix. The "object selection tools" work more accurate and selects things better. After using that then I can just right click and select "make working path". Make sense? Maybe I didn't explain it enough or correctly. But like I said the "content aware tracing tool" does not work as well, it just creates more work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I was testing out that feature on your PS Beta.

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 8.37.14 AM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It all might be because the Content-Aware Tracing Tool is still a tech preview. Personally, if I'm wanting to get serious, time-critical work done, I wouldn't use it because of unpredictability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying. That's exactly how I feel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi PG,

Haven't heard a response back from you about this. Just wondering if Adobe will fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tool is total garbage and should never have been released to the public... beta or not. We've perviously given Adobe more than enough feedback about the tool, but seems to me like they no longer trust the experts. I've found zero examples where the results can be used for anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, they could've tested before releasing it to the public. If they did they'd see it's not working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines