Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert .ai to jpg with transparent background

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI 

I am new to this so maybe it's an easy question but I have a file in .ai that I need in either jpg or png and don't want to lose transparency.  It is a logo file that I need to remain high rez and I don't seem to be able to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

The .ai to Photoshop part is easy, just select an Illustrator file when you use the Open command in Photoshop. As you open it, a dialog box lets you enter the pixel dimensions and ppi resolution you want — while you’re in there, make sure the color Mode is set to RGB; if it’s set to CMYK some options such as saving as PNG might not be available. Any transparent areas in the Illustrator file are preserved after it’s converted to Photoshop format.

The export format part is more restricting. It i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The .ai to Photoshop part is easy, just select an Illustrator file when you use the Open command in Photoshop. As you open it, a dialog box lets you enter the pixel dimensions and ppi resolution you want — while you’re in there, make sure the color Mode is set to RGB; if it’s set to CMYK some options such as saving as PNG might not be available. Any transparent areas in the Illustrator file are preserved after it’s converted to Photoshop format.

The export format part is more restricting. It is no problem to create a PNG with transparency using Save a Copy, Save for Web, or Export As. However, the JPEG format cannot store transparency, so no application can do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines