Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert ScriptingListenerJS.log to Python functions

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tested: Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.3.2

Photoshop action descriptors are a bit tricky to write in python with intuition alone. I wrote a helper script that converts js action descriptor code, found in the ScriptingListenerJS.log file on your Desktop, into python functions you could further explore, edit, customize and include in your own python code. It's very useful to me and it might be useful to someone else  .

github photoshop-scriptlistener-to-python 

ID keys have also been converted from charIDs to the more human-readable stringIDs making it more obvious what the action descriptor is doing.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice! thanks for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be the advantages of using the python language on photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
For me personally it's a way to still be able to create custom Photoshop tools and solutions programmatically without knowing much about Javascript/ UXP and also a big plus for me is being able to easily tab into Photoshop's action descriptors with Python. I'm also using Python in other applications like SideFX Houdini and Adobe Susbtance apps.
I can't say if there are advantages, because I have nothing to compare it to. I only know two programming languages I can still put to good use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines