Copy link to clipboard

Copied

smart_object.jpg

I guess there's no further explanation required 🙂 Version 19.1.7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018
I should be entering text thruogh the glyphs panel?

Not generally, but in this case please try selecting one of the letters and just pressing the already selected glyph in the Glyphs Panel, then converting – does it make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M_Schloegl  wrote

I guess there's no further explanation required

I guess there is

What does the text look like before converting to a smart object, can you post a screenshot with all the pertinent panels opened, a before and after would be good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is right there in my posting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M_Schloegl  wrote

Yes, it's slowly coming through...

Crystal-Ball.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model is that, Trevor? Looks like 1987 to me. You need to get a newer one, they come with liquid crystal display, 512 MB RAM and everything now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not, so far we don’t even know if Layer Styles are involved.

Please post a meaningful screenshot including all pertinent Panels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M_Schloegl  wrote

We understand that you think it's clear, but none of us understand the situation and can't really offer help until we do. Please answer the questions that have been asked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect I might have deduced what the original poster has refused to actually state plainly so far.

If the »rays« are an effect that has been created on separate Layer/s then the upper »ApocryphA« might be the Type Layer, and the lower »G98,…« the resulting Smart Object.

If so then I certainly have not encountered something like that yet, but potential workarounds might be converting the Type Layer to a Shape Layer before converting to an SO, copying the original text and pasting it inside the SO, …

M_Schloegl​, why do you use Photoshop 19.0.7 and not 20.0.1?

Could you provide the packaged file for testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK guys, I'm sorry, I was afk for a while.

c.pfaffenbichler​ that's exactly what's happening here.

I have already worked around it, nothing pressing, I just thought this might be interesting for devs.

I'm using the version 19.0.7 as I don't have Win10 and also have no desire to switch over, as my 3D rendering software will then render even slower than on 8.1, which is even slower than 7. Eventually, I'll be forced to switch, but I'll have to find time to reset my whole system or, better, set up a multi-boot system.

Here's the file for testing: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dbipb5TAsHZIDLUjEW0B-gl8Cry8Ndrp

I don't know how useful it is without the font though, I switched to Arial and it didn't come out garbled. Adorn S seems to be available on typekit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Just tested in both CC 2019 and CC 2018 and not seeing the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, then it must be my system, or the specific font file. Thanks a lot for your time, anyway 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can seemingly avoid the issue by re-confirming any of the letters in the Glyphs Panel before converting to a Smart Object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had problems with the glyphs panel before, so I haven't been using it at all. So, basically, I should be entering text thruogh the glyphs panel? As long as it's only that little text, I wouldn't mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should be entering text thruogh the glyphs panel?

Not generally, but in this case please try selecting one of the letters and just pressing the already selected glyph in the Glyphs Panel, then converting – does it make a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that definitely worked. I'll try a couple more fonts, because with Arial it worked right away, so maybe there's something weird about the font's character mapping or so...

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the file.

Unfortunately I have no solution except work-arounds but I can reproduce the issue on 20.0.1 and MacOS 10.12.6.

Before:

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 14.42.27.png

After:

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 14.42.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines