Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy ACR Masking

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here explained my workflow:
For instance, I have several photos in RAW format (Canon CR3) taken in same scene.  I open the first photo in Photoshop.  The Camera RAW 16.4 wakes up.  I do some general overall adjustments. Then, I do AI masking to locate the persons on the photo for specific adjustments, and finally apply the supplied Presets of Adaptive : Sky (Blue Drama) to tune the clouds.  I notice that an ACR and an XMP file are created to save these masking positions and adjustments.
I do not want to repeat these steps to the rest photos.  So, I copy the ACR and XMP files and renamed them to match with the rest photos.
When open the next photo, I once saw on the Camera RAW panel that I need to do AI update.  After the AI update, I was able to see the photo was correctly masked and the adjustments correctly applied.
However, when I repeat the same steps to next photos, Camera RAW does not prompt me for AI update.  These photos are masked accordingly to the pixel positions of the persons, and the sky line, of the original photo.  I find it nowhere on the menu or panel or context menu to call for masking update.

martin1_0-1721941736196.png

So, I would like to know the proper procedures for me to apply AI masking and Camera RAW setting across a series of photos in Photoshop.  I do not want to repeat all the settings on every photos I open in a series.
(I know Lightroom Classic allow copying and pasting masks across photos with AI re-analsyzing changed positions, but LRC has other limitations, e.g. do not allow rotating the frame beyond boundary with content awareness fill.)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Like Lightroom Classic, Camera Raw can apply settings, including masks, across multiple photos. You can copy/paste them, or you can select multiple photos and sync one photo’s settings to the others. This works only if you have loaded multiple photos into Camera Raw; when you do this, they appear in a filmstrip so that you can select multiple frames.

You can do this when opening raw files in Photoshop; in the Open dialog box use standard multiple-selection techniques (such as Shift-select or C

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2024 Jul 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Like Lightroom Classic, Camera Raw can apply settings, including masks, across multiple photos. You can copy/paste them, or you can select multiple photos and sync one photo’s settings to the others. This works only if you have loaded multiple photos into Camera Raw; when you do this, they appear in a filmstrip so that you can select multiple frames.

You can do this when opening raw files in Photoshop; in the Open dialog box use standard multiple-selection techniques (such as Shift-select or Ctrl-select) to select multiple raw files to load into Camera Raw. Or, do the multiple selection in Adobe Bridge, and choose File > Open in Camera Raw.

Photoshop-25-Camera-Raw-multiple-images.jpg

So, you can do it by loading multiple images into Camera Raw in either Photoshop or Adobe Bridge, and once they are open in Camera Raw and you Select All, you can transfer the settings and masks using Copy/Paste Edit Settings or Sync Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines