Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm using the following specs below:

- iMac 27" Late 2013

- Mac OS Sierra 10.12.1

- Photoshop CC 2017

For some reason, the copy (Command+C) and paste (Command+V) shortcuts do not work on the colour panels a while ago, when the version was in CC 2015, and also now after updating to 2017. The copy and paste shortcuts work on the artboard/canvas though. And the funny thing is the commands work on other programs like Illustrator, it's only persistent in Photoshop.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop, resetting Preferences/Settings, installing latest Java for Mac. But the problem still persists.

Hopefully someone can help cause it's very irritating to have to use my mouse to right-click to copy/paste colour codes on Photoshop since I'm using it for work purposes.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

I can confirm that changing my keyboard to British solved this problem for me.  I've been unable to copy/paste to/from my hex field for a while now - was frustrating having to manually type out hex references!   Thanks so much Adam.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Are you all using Photoshop on a single screen? Another discussion made me think about that possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PECourtejoie, I'm using on a single screen, iMac only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes PECourtejoie, using on single screen, single desktop on MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) loaded with macOS Sierra 10.12.1 (16B2555).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using two monitors. Mac OS Sierra. I have never had the problem until I updated the OS to Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not recreate this problem. When in the color picker I am using kbsc's: cmd A  to select hex code > cmd C to copy then cmd V to paste the hex code is always there. I am running Sierra, Ps 2017 on a mbp.

From Ai I can copy the hex code from the color picker and paste it into Ps color picker as expected.

To test this just a bit more in Ps... are there problems when using a right-mouse click (or track pad) in the hex code field to select and copy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2016 Dec 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cmgap wrote:

To test this just a bit more in Ps... are there problems when using a right-mouse click (or track pad) in the hex code field to select and copy?

Right click > Copy/Paste works.

The keyboard shortcuts (Cmd-A, Cmd-C, Cmd-V) do not work inside the input fields.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't reproduce this problem - Cmd-A, Cmd-C, Cmd-V all work as they should on my MBP running all current versions of OS and Adobe apps. Try updating to 10.12.2 and see if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have latest updates. macOS 10.12.2 and PS CC 2017 December update, and it still keyboard bindings for select copy paste not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem lies with the fact that Adobe has removed the HEX# section on the color picker.  So it turn there is no place to paste the color value in.       

PHOTOSHOPUPDATE.png

Some of the commands have changed also like save for web is now gone (Command, Option, Shift, S) and in its place is export (Command, Option, Shift, W)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the view of your color picker in the preferences. That's not the issue. It's definitely an issue of hitting command V into the hex code area. I can right click into that box and paste, but I cannot hit command V. I also cannot copy from the hex code box to other programs, just tried copying the content from the hex code box in photoshop to the hex code box in illustrator and it doesn't acknowledge that I copied anything from photoshop, just whatever I had copied previous to that. From illustrator back to photoshop it works, but only if I right click and hit paste.

Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 12.25.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.. not sure then.. Command "C" and Command "V" seem to be working fine for me.. and I just found out that the HEX# is not available when you are in 32 bit mode.. just found that out now, so that was my bad.

HEX-Paste.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to colorlovers.com, cmd-c's a hex code as in your video and pasted it into Ps... it works here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys I have the same problem is there any solution yet? it really is anoying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing yet. The only work around that seems to work is right clicking and selecting copy and paste. The shortcuts don't seem to work otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to trouble shoot this when I can't replicate the behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

Mac Os X Sierra 10.12.2

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015

Latest Creative Cloud and PhotoShop

Copy & Paste shortcuts don't work in color picker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a keyboard settings issue.

I fixed this by:

Going to Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources

Clicking plus ( + ) and adding the British layout to the list (or whatever is appropriate for your keyboard).

Make sure "Show input menu in menu bar" is checked

In the menu item in the top right change to the British setting (instead of ABC Extended which was my default).

This also fixed my issue with the pound sign £ not working with shift.

I think it's a Sierra default keyboard settings issue with British keyboard layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adam! could others confirm, so that I can tag this answer as the correct one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not helping with the Finnish keyboard layout. I'm using "Finnish Extended" already. Still can't copy/paste hexacodes in the color picker hexa text input. Only with mouse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2017 Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adam,

What language or layout was your keyboard set to when you encountered the bug?  What physical keyboard are you running?  What language is your OS?  Do CTRL+V and CTRL+C work in other text fields -- can you copy a file name or layer name, for instance?

I'd like to get to the bottom of this, but something doesn't add up.  For Latin-based scripts, we do NOT use the letter location, we use the actual character input.  For instance, if you set your keyboard to Turkish F, everything works, just in this new configuration.  So switching to a UK layout shouldn't help, unless you were using a non-standard or non-Latin-alphabet one previously.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing the keyboard layout solves the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you change the keyboard? I changed it in system preferences and it still won't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You. Works like charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that changing my keyboard to British solved this problem for me.  I've been unable to copy/paste to/from my hex field for a while now - was frustrating having to manually type out hex references!   Thanks so much Adam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right Click Copy/paste work

try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines