• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright symbol not showing up

New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this came up unexpectedly on my laptop (Win 10P). I'm on the most current version of PS 24.4.1.

When I try to type the copyright symbol (Alt 0169) it doesn't appear for some reason. I go to the Windows Character Map and click on it. Normally, it comes up fine.

But lately, when I do this, it doesn't work... My desktop has the same version and I have no issues with it.

For example, on an image, I want to type my copyright. I'll just type Alt 0169, the copyright symbol comes up and then my name, and everything is fine.

Lately, (just on my laptop), no matter what way I try to get the copyright symbol, it doesn't work. It used to, but now it doesn't.

It has me quite perplexed... Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To use alt+codes, you need to engage the Numeric keypad and/or numeric function keys. 

On most computers, you click the Num Lock key.  On others, you press and hold the Fn and left Alt key.

See link below for more suggestions.

https://www.easytechguides.com/use-alt-codes-on-a-laptop/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try that... (fingers crossed) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@larryp38960923 

Alternatively, you can use the Glyphs panel (Window menu or Type > Panels menu). Here I've filtered to Symbols. Once you use a glyph, it will show up in the Recents list at the top for easy re-use.

janee_0-1684008863327.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, check whether the font contains a copyright symbol. Many don't, so if you've changed your default Photoshop font it could be the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

👍 about font selection. 

When in doubt, switch to Arial which supports alt-0169 ©

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines