Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupted .psd file

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPGHello,

I encountered a problem while using Photoshop just now. On a second hour of editing a normal photo, I went to selecting the whole image with Rectangular Marquee and clicked on Add to Selection on Quick Selection Tool, so that the whole area of a specific layer will be chosen (not overall layer). Suddenly, the edit got reverted to the background, original layer and a transparent square about a third of a size of the image appeared in the middle. Undoing the actions wouldn't give any results, neither would turning layers off and on again.

As I am usually saving my every action to prevent file corruption, I knew that the last time I saved the document was right before I was trying to use a Rectangular Marquee, so I closed the psd file and re-opened it from desktop. Instead of giving me back the whole image, the file now looks like this (see the image). I cannot undo anything at this point and fearing the work is now fully lost.

My Photoshop is CC and I used it for a year and a half and never encountered this problem. Would be very grateful for any advice on how to save this work or at least what could be causing this problem. I doubt it's to do with the hardware of my laptop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?