• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corteiz Effect

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 

hi, does anyone know, how to create this effect in Photoshop? I mean the effect on the island. Like this sketch.
I am happy about feedback! IMG_4095.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bent36311806h4uw use a filter to convert the image to a bitmap (black and white)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the previous suggestion fails to reproduce effect or look of CORTEIZ, create a layer mask from the transparency of the type layer, then experiment with various filters from the Filter Gallery on the layer mask, not on the Type layer itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plese post the image you want to edit thusly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wish your example had a bunch more pixels. We can see the B&W aspect, but not how the distortion looks in any detail.

I would start by making your island a Smart Object so you can go back and fine tune.

The start with an Image > Adjust > Threshold.  This allows you to set tonal value at which each pixel will be black or white, and allows you to go back in at any stage, and fine tune.  I think I used a value of 120, so a touch less than 50%

image.png

I've added Filter Gallery > Artistic > Rough Pastels for this

image.png

Changed that to Angled Strokes, which gives a nice cross hatch effect.  There is a Cross Hatch filter, but it lacks subtlety IMO.

image.png

Also try Srayed strokes and spatter.  Remember, it's a Smart Object, so you can double click to go back in and change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines