• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could I match other portraits to this one?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to create an actor portrait series to go on the walls in my editing/sound mixing studio. Is it possible to take an assortment of photos that feature someone's face, turn them black and white, make the backgrounds solid black and ultimately have all the photos look like this one?

37603360e835f71444d2371b3470898c--time-magazine-magazine-covers.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes it's simple to do. If you have your images and would like them changed to what you want, then either post them here or you can send them via pm and I'll do it for free for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one way that you could do it non-destructively (without changing the pixels).

Add a black and white adjustment layer.

Make a selection of the background. I used the Quick Selection tool to do that.

Add a Curves adjustment layer.

Darken the lighter pixels.

If any spots need to be touched up, you can paint with black or white with the layer mask active.  Click the mask to make it active.

Painting with the Brush tool to touch up an edge.

If you want a touch of color in the image, move the Black & White adjustment layer to the top of the Layers panel and lower the Opacity slightly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not as easy as you think. Some images would be different. But you caj use. Blask & White Adjustments Layer, Unsharp Mask filter to do it yourself. You can also use Camera Raw filter CC version - this way you can in one step Change to grayscale, use Clarity to increase skin texture, sharpen to sharpen your image.

If you use it on Smatr object created before - you can easily adjust your settings later

pawel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

If you want to do this, the result is using the correct light when you take the pictures, but maybe you are not the photographer or you already have the images

In my opinion, Photoshop Lightroom or the camera raw plugin are the better options, here you can watch a video that I teach how to do color correction in Photoshop Lightroom (go to minute 3:10)

And this is another video that you can add drama in portraits

(go to minute 2:10)

I hope this helps you

Regards

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines