• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

could not complete the render video - problem with adobe media encoder - but Encoder works!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, here's my problem. Photoshop can't seem to find Adobe Media Encoder anymore. 

I'm on a Mac with Yosemite. OSX 10.10.5

I'm using Adobe CS6. (I don't have the money to upgrade. I bought CS6 and it still works brillaints. I paid a lot of money for it, so I don't see the need to switch to a monthly fee) 

I created a file with animation and I hit the Render Video button. I've been making animations for years. This time, I get the error:

"could not complete the render video command because of a problem with adobe media encoder"

I went and I opened the program Adobe Media Encoder. I dropped the same file into the program and I hit render. It worked fine - it made the animaiton, no problem. 

So why can't Photoshop find Adobe Media Encoder? Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try a photoshop preferences reset by holding down the Shift+Cmd+Option keys just after starting the launch of photoshop cs6. (you have to be quick about pressing the keys or you won't get the below dialog)

Keep holding down the keys until you gett a dialog asking if you want to Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings File?

Click Yes

sf.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to double-check, you're using PS CS6 with AME CS6, right?  They have to be the corresponding versions.  As a workaround, you could render to QuickTime Animation and then drop that into Media Encoder.  It's extra steps and a huge QuickTime file, but it should get you to your encoded movie from AME.

One note: Do not upgrade your macOS above 10.12 Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips, I'll try both. Yes I have Media Encoder 6. 

Funny, I've been doing animations in photoshop for years and I've never had this error. 

I will not updgrade to 10.12. I assume that will prevent some of my software from working.

damianwampler_0-1587022040009.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The handoff from Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects and Animate (formerly Flash) to Adobe Media Encoder is done via Adobe Dynamic Link which runs in the background.  It sounds like something is preventing Dynamic Link from working as expected.

A common troubleshooting step is to create a new macOS user account and attempt the action that's failing (in this case sending a video render from Photoshop to AME).  You could also try using Repair Disk Permissions in Disk Utility.  Of course, a reinstall would also be a troubleshooting step if CS6 was still supported by Adobe.

Regarding macOS 10.12, you should be fine at 10.12 and even 10.13.  It's macOS 10.14 and up that you have to avoid because QuickTime is no longer available as a system driver for time-based media (the QuickTime movie file format is still around, but Apple switched from QuickTime as the system driver to AV Foundation Frameworks). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines