• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not complete your request because the file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2013 Apr 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I have a single user who's PS (CS6) that seems to always (or atleast, a great majority of the time) corrupt large .psd documents. It doesn't seem to matter if she is working with previously created files, or starting from scratch. If she saves a file that is larger than about 900MB, it corrupts and nobody can open it anymore. I've tried removing the entire CS6 design suite, and reinstalling it, but the issue persisted. I have about 10 users on identical systems that have never had issues, and she never had issues until about two weeks ago. As far as I know, nothing major changed on the system when this started happening. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can stop the file corruption?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also do these layers have any third party effects that are embedded?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the author of the topic I do not know. But my settings are good. And today this same mistake conteceu me.

Ps.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very angry. I lost an hours work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me for months, with lots of frustration and hours of lost work.

It happened again and I came across this forum. Before starting over again I did the most recent Photoshop update. Instead of "Could not complete your request..." I was given the error message "Some of the layers in this file are corrupt" with the prompt to either flatten or continue to open other layers.

Success. At least there was no starting from scratch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had the same issue.  Reading this thread and others led me to a solution.

For us, problem turned out to be a Layer that got created that was over 30,000 pixels wide.

Solution: Opened file in GIMP, selected the offending layer, reduced layer to image size, exported back to PSD.

File now opens in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I encountered this myself before as well: it seems some image editors allow for much larger canvasses than Photoshop can handle, and when those files are saved as PSD, Photoshop is unable to read its own native format.

Go figure 😉

Makes you wonder why competing products allow for larger dimensions, and the Photoshop devs put arbitrary limits on these - since the PSD format handles much larger canvasses without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines