• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not place .asl because no parser or file format can open the file.

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to continue running into issues when trying to load presets. 

I've downloaded a number of presets from reputable sources but every time I try to load them, I run into some sort of error. Most recently is the error mentioned in the subject.

• I've tried going to Edit>Presets>Preset Manager but the only dropdowns I get are Contours and Tools. 
  • I've tried dragging the file over and the error above is shown. 
  • I've also tried to move the files over to the Preset folders in the Adobe library folder and that does not seem to do the trick. 

Please help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Found a somewhat related post that suggested I drag the file into the app icon, which seems to do the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a somewhat related post that suggested I drag the file into the app icon, which seems to do the trick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm an issue with brushes. I can't seem to be able to add or open any brushes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, there is a maximum amount of brushes that can be loaded, maybe you have reached the limit...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, quick question?  Can you clarify 'app icon'?  

I'm fairly new to Adobe, and am having the same issue with a purchased .asl file that I can't seem to 'get into Photoshop'.  I get the same error message as you did above.

Driving me nuts, any help gratefully appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it imeans the icon you click on to start Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response.  Neither.  My Photoshop is a new acquisition, and I only have the brushes that came with the system.  Dragging the file to the icon doesn't work either.  

I'll keep digging and reading - there must be a fix somewhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem - ever find a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Sally, some of the shortcuts do not wrk the same way, I think that the ones from the Windows Taskbar might behave differently from those in the start menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines