• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a frame around a photo in photoshop

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have always edited my pictures in lightroom and then framed them in photoshop, see example below. Since the latest version of photoshop I can't do that anymore. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks so much. Manuel

Screenshot (6).png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "can't do it anymore"? You need to be more specific. There has been no change in how the PS canvas behaves.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manuel.   Do you think you were using Actions to add the frame?  Have a look in the Actions panel, and expand the Frames group.  It might be that your actions were not migrated when you updated.  What you might find is they are still available in the previous version.  With Windows you'll find the previous version actions in the location below.

Note: you need to make Hidden items viewable in the File Explorer View menu

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2021\Presets\Actions

If the action is not there, it is easy to record them again. We'll give you the steps if you need them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Thanks to both of you, I found the error in the meantime, it was an application error, photoshop is just complex.

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have always told people when teaching Photoshop that you don't need to learn it all at once, or even at all.  Just learn the aspects that are of immediate use to you, and add need tricks as you need them.  It's a real case of of use it or lose it, so don't put lots of time and effort into aspects that you are unlikely to use.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines