• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a free photoshop for students.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In some countries students aren't rich enough to buy photoshop. So I urge photoshop pleae make a free version of photoshp . It may provide less features. Please consider my request.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

This is primarily a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Feel free to post a Request over on 

Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user Forum, so you are not really addressing Adobe here, even though some Adobe employees thankfully have been dropping by.

Feel free to post a Request over on 

Photoshop Family

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this would be amazing, but I could see how people would abuse it. There would be more than students using a free version.

I know some organizations such as NGOs can sometimes make deals with software developers and get software for free or at a reduced cost.  Not saying this is possible with Adobe, but if you work at an organization that is a non-profit then you could look into this.

Worst case scenario...  you can look up alternatives on Google.  I hate to recommend that, but it is an option.  Granted this software may not be as good as Adobe software, but at least it is something.

Example:  My marketing students learned ahrefs which is very expensive.  Aftwards some students asked if they could continue using it.  Well the seats were moved to other classes, so they could not access it.  I recommended finding alternatives.  Now they might have to utilize two or three platforms to get all the options that ahrefs has.  But that is a viable option. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hri Gobinda wrote:

It may provide less features.

If you are looking for PS with fewer features, you might want to look at Photoshop Elements. It's not free, but it's affordable.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone would be looking for an affordable Photoshop alternative, I would suggest Affinity instead, rather than Elements. Much more affordable than Elements, and much less hobbled in features compared to Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest Affinity... rather than Elements. Much more affordable...  and much less hobbled in features compared to Photoshop.

=========

Hobbled in what sense?  Is Affinity really better for web graphics and sharing on social media, for example?

Unfortunately, we have zero idea what the OP wants the software for.  All we know is they want something free.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True enough, but we do know that the OP is looking for a free Photoshop, which infers the want/need for a similar set of features.

In my opinion Affinity comes closer in terms of feature set and target user audience than Elements.

Of course, you are correct that the main requirement is that it is FREE and accessible - as well as probably needs to be able to run on lower-powered machines (seeing they cannot pay for software, I assume their hardware is nothing to write home about either).

Which makes PhotoPea a good contender, with a feature set that seems to outrun even commercial offerings such as Elements. And opens an impressive wide range of file formats. It does run in a browser, which inherits some limitations I believe as far as file sizes and memory usage goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe offers a 60% discount to eligible students & teachers.

Creative Cloud Plans & Pricing

They also offer a lite version called Photoshop Elements (no subscription needed).

ADOBE PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 2021

I urge Adobe to make a free version of Photoshop.

==========

I think that's a terrible idea.  First of all, what would you have Adobe say to their millions of loyal users who actually PAY for Photoshop and who kept paying for it amid financial hardships like the COVID pandemic?  I think that would be a big slap in the face to them, don't you?

There are lots of low-cost and free alternatives you can use instead of Photoshop.  Nobody starts out with professional software.  I learned graphics design with other tools that had a much easier learning curve.  Later, after I graduated, found a good-paying job and could appreciate professional level tools, I purchased them.  You should plan on doing the same.  😉

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you but I don't think that'd be that much terrible idea. I know about the alternatives but photoshop is univasal & vast. There are tons of resources on phoshop than alternatives.

This will be an initiative for Adobe & they will not have any impact for it like financially which I beleive. They may show ads if problem arise. 

I suggested that, this may contain less feature (lite version) than usual versions so that the people who paid for it don't feel low. 

Avobe all, I believe if Adobe wants they bring it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hri Gobinda wrote:

I suggested that, this may contain less feature (lite version) than usual versions so that the people who paid for it don't feel low. 

Hi Hri,

This is a user forum and we are users who don't work for Adobe. They do make a "lite" version. It's called Photoshop Elements, which is available for purchase instead of subscription, and sometime goes on sale on Black Friday. According to the posts we see, some folks keep an older version until it completely stops working on a new OS, so it definitely has value. 

Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021

You can get a trial version if you want to test it out.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane. I didn't know that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome, @Hri Gobinda 

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They probably won't do it (release a "lite" free version of Photoshop.

For many years, there were rumours (there werer loads of requests from users) to port Photoshop to Linux but this never happened. I, like many other users, would gladly run Photoshop on my Linux machine but this won't happen, at least not natively.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines