Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

create a2 sized documents for printing

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I use 'image' and  'canvas size' to set the size of A2 document but then when I load it to print, the image is a smaller size on the A2 sheet adn not actually A2 in size

... ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need an image that's sized with the dimensions of around 3400 x 4600 pixels.

The canvas sets the size of the canvas not the image. You need a large image to fill the A2 space. You can enlarge an image (Image > Image size) to make a smaller image larger. How successful this will be will depend on the amount of enlargement. Photoshop enlarges the image by sampling adjacent pixels, this will make the image softer. A little Unsharp Mask subsequently may help a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What printer are you using?

If you are seeing hashmarks around the edges in the Photoshop Print Settings preview window, the printer is applying a minimum border (usually 1/4 in). Look for the term "borderless" in the paper size section of the printer settings.

A2 Canvas should be 420 x 594 mm, 300 PPI for books, brochures, magazines, 200 -220 PPI is ok for photos.

Image 592.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you have discovered you can resize your image in Photoshop and as Derek said A2 is 420mm x 594mm.

If you have done that resizing, when you come to print, there is also a scaling option in the print dialogue. You need to ensure that is  set to 100%

Finally if you have sized to A2 and want to print to the edges of the paper - then your printer needs to be capable of printing borderless and the print driver set accordingly

N.B: These screenshots are CC2017.0.1 , Windows 10 and EpsonPro3800 - yours may vary

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know why when I want to add the dimensions to photo to get a2 size it automatically changes ether the length or width of my image to suit whatever I first entered. I am not printing myself so I can't edit them in the final print setting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you resize an image, you can do so by 3 ways:
-> This is my situation at the beginning:

• Changing the aspect: you resize either the length or the width. This normally results in distorted images (ie circles are no more round).
  • Changing the length or the width, but both are interconnected, so the system changes the other accordingly. The image resolution gets changed (dpi value), as you do not add or retrieve image pixels. This is a sole measure to get some programs to display the picture (print the picture...) at a certain size. The picture (pixels) do not get modified.
  • Changing the length or the width or the resolution value to add or retrieve some pixels to your picture. This will alter the image by recalculating the number of pixels:
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines