• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Created a pano and hit save. Can’t find it. Where is it?

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Had Ps create a panorama, then hit save. Can't find where it saved it to.
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just hit Save, it can be anywhere. You really have to pay attention to where you save.

You just have to search for it. Knowing the date and title should narrow it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start with the folder where the images to create the panorama came from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some handy apps that can help find files. You are using Mac, so you could try these:

https://formac.informer.com/everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2023 Mar 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create another pano, and save it again, but this time take notice of the file location.

Do you know what format it saved as?  Search your entire drive for that format, and use date filters if Mac can do that.  Otherwise do the search and arrange by date.  Your pano will be the newest file with that format.

BTW Do you use the cloud with Adobe apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should almost always be able to find out where you saved a file that you just created.

Tip #1:

If the Photoshop document is still open, right-click the document tab and choose Reveal in Finder. If your Mac is not set up to right-click, Ctrl-click there instead. Reveal in Finder switches to the macOS Finder desktop, and opens the folder containing the document you are looking at in Photoshop.

Photoshop-Reveal-in-Finder.jpg

Tip #2:

If you undock a document tab, it becomes a macOS document window. Right-click (or Ctrl-click) the document title bar to reveal the path to the folder where it is saved. Right-clicking the title bar works in floating document windows in almost all macOS applications, including Finder windows.

Photoshop reveal path Mac.gif

If the document is not open but you were just looking at it, it should be in the Recent list on the Home screen in Photoshop, or you should be able to choose its name from File > Open Recent. After it opens, you can then use Tip #1 or Tip #2.

If it no longer appears in a recently opened documents list, you can use the search feature in the macOS Finder. Set it up to constrain the search to the file extension PSD (and TIFF and PSB if you think you might have saved your panorama that way). To narrow it down further and find it more quickly, you can also add search criteria such as documents created the last day or last week, or above a certain file size (because panoramas tend to be large files).

In short, using the tools on your Mac, it should actually be difficult to completely lose a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Conrad C nice tips, love the video, I hope this solves the OP's issue.

neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had my own "Photoshop ate my files"-moment just three or four days ago. Reopening files I had been working on, they had suddenly mysteriously "reverted" to a much earlier state, and a full days work seemingly lost.

If I didn't know better, I would have screamed murder.

Digging a bit deeper, of course, the files were all there and fully up to date. They were just in a different folder. Backtracking my moves on that day led me straight to them.

That's what I got for not paying attention. This is a true story, I'm not making it up for rhetorical purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines