• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a LARGE globe with grid images

Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to create a banner that is 180 x 72 Feet - 12960w x 5184h Px. 

the design we have is a globe of a texture map of grid 1470 photos, and we see the top helf of the globe as the bottom is below the banner canvas. Which I have already created this texture map. 

I have tried the following as a mockup in Aftger Effects using the CC Sphere effect but as I zoom in, the images are really blurry. I know that After Effects is not a graphic design program and hense will not produce clean output for print but this is as close to what I need the banner to look like. Any advise to know how to create a clean looking globe with an image grid applied, in photoshop?

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 2.24.34 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-28 at 2.18.29 PM.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to recreate the effect you've shown above with the Spherize filter in Photoshop--and this is the result--which I don't think this is what you are looking for.

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 5.11.54 PM.png

But if you want to know how I did it, just let me know.

A better option--but definitely more work--

To get the effect you are looking for, I beliee you will need to create a large square high resoltion file with all your photos that you want part of the image at the same size and lined up. Once you've completed this process, then you would go into 3D, create a sphere, and then apply this as the skin. Are you familiar with using 3D in Photoshop?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have used photoshop in 3D space. My trials have included what you have sugessted. When I put this into photoshop 3d space, its liek my computer doesnt have enough memory even thgouht I have a iMac 3GHz 10-core, 64GB DDR4, and photoshop doesnt render just flashes to a grey screen not even showing a circle.  i ended up brushing up on my c4d skills and map the texture map to a sphere, and use the camera within AE to get exactly the view I was wanting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you imported the Photoshop file into 3D to wrap the globe, did you flatten all the different pieces first into one layer (preserving your original file with layers)? Using a flattened file takes less resources when you use 3D. 

And, how did what you noted above work for what you needed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does the image look zoom to 100% actual pixels?  12,960px by 5,184px is  67,184,640 pixels.  The image you posted shows your tiled image globe occupies around 70% of those pixels  that like 47MP.   47MP/1,470image means the your images size are .03MP around 180px by 180px.  There is very little detail in each image. Photoshop zooming is also done quickly for performance image quality is not good at zoom percentages other than 100% zoom actual pixels.  12,960px wide 180' is  12,960"  the image print resolution is 1ppi.  Pixels will be printed 1"x 1".  You image will not contain much details in the tiles images and they will not be sharp  with 1" square pixels.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines