• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Error code 160 (fix not working)

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, i'm having an issue with installing Photoshop CC 2022 (latest version at the time of writing), and i can't get through it.

It's always worked for me, and today the app wouldn't open and a popup saying there were some techical issues and to reinstall the program would appear. So i unistalled it and tried to reinstall from CC.

CC can't install my application, and it's returning error code 160. This is the error log:

Exit Code: 160
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error (Code = 160) executing in command 'SetRegistryValueCommand' for package: 'AdobePhotoshop23-Core_x64', version:23.2.0.277
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobePhotoshop23-Core_x64 Version: 23.2.0.277). Error code: '160'
WARN: Error Setting Registry - Start 64-bit:1 root:0 key:Interface\{ee8364d9-b811-4c7d-a3a8-97c4ebfab83a} name:Default type:REG_SZ data:_DICOMOpenOptions. Check for Registry permissions. (Error: Error 5 Access is denied.)

There are many fixes on the forum, even one officially from Adobe, but it doesn't work for me. i'm having difficulties finding the reg key, and all the similar ones i found, i have changed the permission. However, i couldn't find the exact one even using the registry find tool many times. I was hoping someone could have a better understanding of the issue. I am available to provide any additional data in case. Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Riccardo,

I'm sure you are searching your registry for the appropriate key value using the Find tool, PC: Ctrl+F; Mac: Cmd+F with a subsequent F3-key to continue the search. If so, try searching your registry for the Data value instead, looking for any key beginning with "Interface\". Since the key name includes a GUID (the long, confusing string of hexadecimal values in curly braces), this value could possibly change before you get the chance to search for it. If you find more than a few matches of either value, consider granting permissions to the parent key, instead, and selecting options to apply the change to the child objects. This may cut-out a lot of repeated effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines