• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crop and move

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open and crop image #1.  I open a blank image #2.  Holding down the Alt key I use the move tool to move #1 onto #2.  The uncropped #1 appears as a layer on #2.  What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

@lered68 

Select the Crop tool, then look in the options bar for the Crop tool. Does "Delete cropped pixels" have a check mark next to it? If not, check it and crop again.

janee_0-1640315095650.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Thanks again Jane.  I went back to the image, unchecked "DCP" the rechecked it.  Eureka!  The cropped pixels did not accompany the image as it was moved to #2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lered68 

Select the Crop tool, then look in the options bar for the Crop tool. Does "Delete cropped pixels" have a check mark next to it? If not, check it and crop again.

janee_0-1640315095650.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Jane.  Yes "Delete cropped pixels" is checked.  It is very strange because the saved #1 file when opened is the cropped version and the image size and canvas size are the cropped size.  #1 is a scanned image and I have rescanned it to verify that the error is not unique to the particular file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Jane.  I went back to the image, unchecked "DCP" the rechecked it.  Eureka!  The cropped pixels did not accompany the image as it was moved to #2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2021 Dec 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @lered68 , and I'm glad it's finally working for you now 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines