• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crop error "Could not complete your request because the resulting document would be too big."

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 23.4.1 release...

Recently I keep getting this error:

Could not complete your request because the resulting document would be too big.

This happens for every image.  Currently trying to crop an image that is only 362K (72 res, w 4, h 6 in).  This image is a simple jpg.

It doesnt matter the image size - it wont allow me to crop it.  

This bug has essentially rendered photoshop useless.

Does anyone know a fix?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Try resetting your crop tool. Select the tool then go to the tool icon top left of your options bar. Click on the gear icon and reset the tool. There could be a resolution setting or something effecting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your crop tool. Select the tool then go to the tool icon top left of your options bar. Click on the gear icon and reset the tool. There could be a resolution setting or something effecting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha!  That did it.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to mark the answer as correct to help other users. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm also having this problem. It worked one day, didn't touch PS, then the error started. Trying to crop an 11x8.5 JPEG. Using WxH Resolution set at 1920x1080, 72px. Delete Cropped Pixels and Content-Aware are unchecked. Once I position the crop bars and click the check mark to execute, I get the error. Resetting the crop tool did not work, nor did restarting Photoshop, checking files, etc. This is the only hit on Google for this problem. Help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue, what finally worked was to simply press the little "Clear" button in the top tool bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines