• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crop tool doesn't rotate or straighten image

Participant ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PS 22.5.1 and the crop tool is present on the tool bar, but won't do half its job-rotating and/or straightening the image onscreen. I trashed the prefs. I'm not doing 3D, so I don't think OpenGL would have anything to do with this. I've Reset the Crop tool-with no changes happening. When I put the crop cursor up to the cropping corner it simply does not change to the rounded right-angle arrow. I've come to depend on the crop tool to straighten out the work. I haven't included a screenshot because there's nothing to shoot-the arrows show up, just not the curved one. I've tried it using the Wacom tablet and stylus, and using a mouse. No difference. The image is black and white, 2D. Should be easy. Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Me again. I  managed to beat the problem by installing an upgrade to PS 22.5.6, then by trying a number of things that didn't make much sense to me, but they got the crop tool working right. I found that I also was unable to create new layers, and when I tried to turn the image using the hand/rotate tool, I was told that it wouldn't happen because I wasn't using the GPU, ergo not using OpenGL-so that was part of it. Finally, I had to re-introduce the image as a Smart Object, switch back to the G

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me again. I  managed to beat the problem by installing an upgrade to PS 22.5.6, then by trying a number of things that didn't make much sense to me, but they got the crop tool working right. I found that I also was unable to create new layers, and when I tried to turn the image using the hand/rotate tool, I was told that it wouldn't happen because I wasn't using the GPU, ergo not using OpenGL-so that was part of it. Finally, I had to re-introduce the image as a Smart Object, switch back to the GPU preference, and then (and only then) I was able to rotate the image with the crop tool and the hand/rotate tool. Never had to go through all that before. Is this normal, or am I stuck with a problematic computer/OS/software version? Anyway, all that worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines