• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

crop tool missing

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crop tool is missing. It is not listed along with all the other tools.  I can find "crop" under the image menu but it is not available.  Is there some secret way to bring up the crop tool? or make it available?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is odd that it is missing. It may be nested with other tools above the Eyedropper tool. If it does not appear click and hold down the three-dot symbol near the bottom of the Tool Bar (Edit Tool Bar...) to access the available tools, choose the Crop tool and add it to list on the left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The three-dot symbol does not exist on my Snipping Tool" the Crop Icon is missing, nothing works on the help menu, no information to saolve this exist on the internet, no other App works, Uninstaling & reinstalling fails to work, the edit Tool bar is useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit menu > Toolbar and when the dialog opens, Restore Defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find the crop tool listed with the 3 dots. I can't find the box to

check for correct but your solution worked. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Silly me, it was there all along as a subtool of perspective crop .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My crop tool is on the left in customize toolbar but not showing in my toolbar. I clicked on the 3 dots, clicked on crop tool and then restore defaults. But it's still no availablee. I have win 10 and PS 2021. Suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that you are not in 3d mode as the crop tool hides if you are

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you checkj what mode you are in when in lightroom? I can't get my crop overly it is greyed out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

his was exactly what i needed. notsure how my brand new copy of photoshop cc 23 got put on the 3d workspace, but it did

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried everything here.  Still can't find the crop tool in Illustrator 2023.  Back in the day I think it took me a day or so to learn Macromedia Fireworks.  I've been using Illustrator for a few years but every time I open it it's like meeting a stranger for the first time.  Nothing is intuitive.  You have to learn and remember absolutely everything.  It's hard when you only use it every couple of weeks or so.  I know that there is a 'proper' way to crop in Illustrator but I just haven't got time to learn it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I click

Window -> Workspace -> Essentials (Default) 

And all the basic tools are back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines