• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have been in contact with the Adobe chat help online and was refered to the forum hoping some could help me. I have a photoshop cs3 that was trying to install in my computer. At the end of the installation it is asking for an activation, through 4 options:

I have tried the first and no luck, the second option I dont know houw to adjust internet connection settings. I was opting the 3th option would work, but I dont have the authorization code (the phone numbers are not working):

looking forward to your help.

thank you.

[email address removed by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS3 Activation server were taken down. Did you download the CS3 installer that does not require activation and get a serial to use with the new installed version. When you start CS3 it will ask for it and you need to enter it and see it accepted with a green check.  After that activation will fail because there are no activation server running. That is OK CS3 will work.

Activation or connection error when starting CS3 or Acrobat 8

I just reinstall CS3 not long  ago.

Re: Photoshop and InDesign activation issues

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you JJMack, however it is looking to be activated and I have only 30 days to do so. at the endo of the 30 days what will happen?

see screen grab below:

should I keep selecting activate later? will it work at the end of the 30 days?

thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you see this message do NOT ignore it and choose “later”.  It means what it says and will stop working forever after 30 days. You MUST use the replacement software. Sometimes you also have to do other messing around If you did install the original software first.

If the replacement software is working, you WILL NOT see this message at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, so what do I have to do to get the replacement software? what messing around do I have to do as I had the original software installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marianam98207415  wrote

should I keep selecting activate later? will it work at the end of the 30 days?

thank you so much

No you should choose never.] Registration and activation will never work, and does not need to be done for you registered it years ago and the install you just installed does not need tactivation..

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if you might find this helpful but here are screen shots of my chat with adobe as I walked through the process.1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG9.JPG10.JPG11.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to download it. Did you do that?

Did you uninstall the original software? That's not always enough.

After uninstalling, remove the cache.db file described here Resolve "temporary activation expired" error for CS3 and Acrobat 8

If you can't find it let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had uninstalled the software from the computer, then with the help of a adobe chat assistant I downloaded the revised version, but still had that message about the activation.

maybe I did not uninstall properly the original version.

yes I need help

could we set up a session this Friday?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, we are just volunteers here, not Adobe staff. Please follow the link I posted carefully and in full. Uninstalling is not always enough. Do not skip any steps. If you can't follow them let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines