Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Locking Up System

Feb 23, 2012 Feb 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 32 bit PC that I recently upgraded. I put in the most amount of RAM memory I could and upgraded the system from XP to Windows 7 Ultimate.

Yesterday I upgraded from Photoshop CS2 to CS5 and have suddenly been having problems with the system locking up on me in the middle of a project.

I saw some suggestions that were made back in 2010 and I was wondering if some new solutions have been discovered for this problem since then

If so, please provide me a link to a topic thread dealing with this issue.

Also, when first using the program I could not figure out how to get the HISTORY window to open. That is a function

I ALWAYS USE!!

It should ALWAYS open automatically

I now have it working properly, but when opening the program for the first time the HISTORY window should ALWAYS BE THERE and ready to use

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 151 Replies 151
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone has their limits.  I've been going through mental gymnastics to figure out what it would take to put together a modern dual hex-core workstation, and the level of complexity and uncertainty briefly reached my limits when I recently learned that the motherboards one finds in Dell Precision T5500 systems are not all created equal.

The point is that some things follow rules and some are just arbitrary, and everything has to be right for it to work, and exactly right for it to work well.  The realm of computing defies being oversimplified, even though operating system manufacturers are striving to make the user experience simpler.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 03, 2012 Mar 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's also true of the Asus boards in the HP Slimline series. When I checked the board number, according to Asus, there is no on board video. But in fact, there is, probably for some versions.

I'm doing some investigations on two measurement devices, Spectrum Analyzers and Arbitrary Waveform Generators.

Either system makes a computer seem like a walk in the park.

Yikes!

-Lawrence

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines