Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Panel Developer Guide?

Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am ready to upgrade to CS5, but I have a couple custom panels that I cannot do without.The CS4 panels made with Flex will not work at all.

When can we get a panel Developer's Guide for CS5?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2010 Apr 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The panel guide should be posted soon. I'm working on the final adjustements to it. ETA next week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a 2MB limit for uploads to this forum. I'm trying to get this page updated  http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/ but have no ETA yet. GIve me your email address and I can try to send it to you directly. Otherwise we will have to wait for the web page update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 10, 2010 May 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

allengambrell at gmail

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 15, 2010 May 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom

Can You please be so kind to send the CS5 Panels doc to me too?

mail is: massimonovi[at]hotmail.com

Thank You!

Massimo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2010 May 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom,

mine is marco.falsitta[at]me.com

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2010 May 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please send me also the guide to tmenath at  gmail.com

Thank you in advance ,

thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would appreciate receiving this. Thanks!

- Chuck Weger

cweger (at) elara dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2010 May 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I grab it too? sk [at] kittyhug.ru

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Anyone received the docs? Probably Tom is too busy to finish the stuff to send them.

Anyone however found a compatibility solution for CS5 Panel development (even using XML only interface)?

Massimo Novi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok guys... I will send it to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manovi, CS5 SDK is already available at devnet with some tutorials

Here's the link for Guide Thomas sent us: http://rapidshare.com/files/392432795/Photoshop_Panel_Developer_s_Guide_Win.zip.html

(it seems that it can be downloaded only 10 times from rapidshare, if anyone can recommend me a better filesite I can upload guide there)

It says 'win' in filename but actually it's for both OSs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sergey Kritskiy wrote:

The SDK at the Adobe devnet site are still CS4 versions. I'm sure that page will be updated at some point but it had not be updated yet.

Until then you can also find the new versions at http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3361

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael L Hale wrote:

Sergey Kritskiy wrote:

The SDK at the Adobe devnet site are still CS4 versions. I'm sure that page will be updated at some point but it had not be updated yet.

Until then you can also find the new versions at http://www.ps-scripts.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3361

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/sdk/ — 'Download the Photoshop CS5 SDK'

Or is it some other SDK you are talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sergey Kritskiy wrote:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/sdk/ — 'Download the Photoshop CS5 SDK'

Or is it some other SDK you are talking about?

I was talking about the Photoshop Panel SDK, which is the topic of the thread. Yes the Photoshop CS5 SDK it at the devnet page but the Panel SDK and Guide are still CS4 at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hoops, sorry about that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also uploaded the file

files.me.com/marco.falsitta/fvhgw8

this link expires in a month (6/27/2010 9:56 AM)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading now.

Thank You for Your help. Much appreciated!

Massimo Novi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CS5 SDK is not intended to be used for panel development but mostly for plugins and tools.

The Adobe proposed solution for Panel Development is using the new Flash Builder 4 (formerly Flex Builder) and some XMP extensions already upgraded for the CS5 release. The free Flex SDK may also be used for the task but I think is more cumbersome.

I downloaded the CS5 Panel Guide and the others SDKs needed. I will install Flash Builder 4 and in few days (to be on the safe side with testing) I should have a CS5 compatible file info panel for Expression Media.

Thank You to all for the help. I will make the panel available soon, with source code, on Adobe Exchange.

Massimo Novi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guys, make sure you use the flex 3.5 sdk library instead of the default flex 4.0 library when compileing your project. Only the 3.5 version works in Photoshop CS5 and the panel will not work if you use 4.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines