Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 Panel Developer Sample is broken

New Here ,
Dec 16, 2010 Dec 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The PerLayerMetaData sample in the CS5 is broken.  The existing .SWF and .JSX work fine, however, if one tries to recompile the. MXML to get the "same" .SWF, the panel does not work properly.  Typing in some text in the "Description" text area then clicking the "Apply Changes" button breaks the panel. By that I mean the "Apply Changes" button gets stuck in the down position an the panel no longer updates in any way.

I believe its from an incorrect CSXSLibary-*.swc  file that is part of the panel dev sdk download.  In another discussion , it was suggested to use the CSXSLibary.swc from the Creative Suite  SDK, but that does not fix this particular problem.

I am compiling the sample with Flex Builder 3, under Windows.

Please please Adobe, give us a CSXSLibrary.swc for  Photoshop CS5 that works!    The sample works great in CS4.

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2010 Dec 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the CS5 panel guide?

• Are you using the swc that came with the CS5 panel guide? (CSXSLibrary-2.0-sdk-3.3.swc)
  • Are you using Flex SDK 3.3?
  • Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
    community guidelines
    New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Thank you for reply.

Yes, I am using the latest download of the CS5 panel developers guide.

I believe it comes with 2 CSXSLibrary files. One is 3.3, the other is 3.4.  Which one do I use? The CS4 version only came with one library, it was more clear that it was the one to use.

Hm. I don't know which Flex SDK I'm using. I'm using the one that came with Flex Builder 3.    I guess I should go see if there is a new version of Flex since then? Should I be upgrading to Flash Builder 4  ?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: It looks like the latest Flex SDK is 3.5 and 4.1 anyway, right? Are the libs that come with the panel dev kit out of date?

Message was edited by: electriciris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two. One for using with Flex 3.3 SDK and one for using with Flex 3.4 SDK. Those are the only two SDK's we support as of now.

In your project right click and select Properties.

Click Flex Compiler and make sure you are using Flex 3.3 (or Flex 3.4)

If you get Flex Builder 4 you will need to get the 3.3 (or 3.4) SDK and install manually via the Configure Flex SDKs button.

Click on Flex Build Path and then the Library Path panel.

This will show you the current Flex SDK in use and the swc that you are using.

I would do a File > Refresh or Right click on project and Refresh after any changes you make.

http://opensource.adobe.com/wiki/display/flexsdk/Download+Flex+3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines
    New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, thanks.  Makes total sense now.

Yea, turns out I was using Flex 3.2.   I haven't switched over to 3.4 but I'm sure it will do the trick.

Thank you again Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
    community guidelines