• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS5 "a problem occured while extracting some files...."

New Here ,
May 02, 2010 May 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used both Firefox and IE to download the update for CS5. All seemed to successfully download to my desktop where I wanted them. When I double clicked on the .exe file, it began to extract and got to 99% (sometimes 100%) before giving me the error "A problem occured while extracting some files. Check availabile space on your computer and the write privilages on the destination folder."

I am using Windows XP, I'm the admin so I'm not sure what privilages I need.

I have 66 G of free space

*I tried using 7zip to extract the files, did not work.

*I tried to just get into the folder which was created during the extract and clicked on set-up.exe - it gave me the message "We've encountered the following issues: Installer failed to initialize. File not found. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem." including a link to where I can do that. I did that and so far, it is stuck on "please wait while the application initializes." I'm thinking it's not going to happen so I've come here.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the .exe file and choose run as Admin. Another folder should be made on the desk top with the extracted files so you need to do the same thing by right clicking on the .exe file and run as admin. This will give you all the required permissions. Being admin on your computer is different then installing the software as admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried that, still the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are couple of seperate issues which your installer might be facing:

1) Extraction could not be completed due to insufficient space. please free some of the space and then try to extract again

2) Dont try to run setup within the Compressed file. First extract it and then Run as Admin.

Please try create another Admin account with full permissions and then try to extract and run setup after freeing some space. Hopefully it will resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am experiencing the exact same problem and none of the above proposed solutions work (

run as admin etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also remember a particular problem i faced while using Win RAR. When i kept the compressed file at desktop and Tried to extract it , the combined path length of the extracted folder became too long as Photoshop package has some long name components which was beyond the capability of extracting software.

So i kept the compressed file at root drive and extracted there itself , which worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you could explain that last sentence in detail (for a person who doesn't understand all of the technical stuff), I'd appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also been able to free up more space. I'm up to 78 GB of free space out of 298 GB, I think that is as good as it gets. I've got a 360 GB hard drive. I think this should be sufficient to run photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using another application to unzip the archive.  I've seen issues with the default extraction tool (using Windows), but using a newer extraction app sometimes does the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, let me try to explain again:

If your download was successfull and you have kept the zip file on Desktop then when you are extracting then the complete path would be something like this : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\AdobePhotoshop12-English. and when you try to extract the files from here the path can be really long.

So, when i encounter problem like this i keep the zip file in just C:\ and extract from there. If still then also the problem is not solved then trying different extracting software is a good choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shortening path length did not work either! could this be because I am using XP?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed successfully in win xp sp2 - and I had only 5 GB free space left on C. I also didn't have to use "run as admin".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HiSonjaY79

Hi,

I work on   the store, and would like to make sure that the files actually downloaded completely and undamaged for you.

Can you generate a  checksum for the files you downloaded so we can confirm that your files  are not damaged?

You can use a free utility called Fastsum  ( http://www.fastsum.com/  ) to  generate the checksum which  should match these values:

Photoshop_12_LS1.7z    should be    193b13bac6b850a62c75460cbed42b35 

Photoshop_12_LS1.exe  should be   431864652903c33049d352a9e0c0991b 

Let me know  what values you get.  If they are bad, we could have you try the direct  HTTP download URL and see if that helps.

regards,

karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KarenStore: It would be helpful if you can pass this solution/workaround to Tech Support , lot of users are complaining about download problems. Thanks for jumping in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2010 May 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran fastsum and the .7z file was the same checksum as you have listed.

The .exe file was not. It was 431864652903C33049D352A9E0C0991B

And to add, I'm clicking on the .exe file to extract the 7z file. I did try using 7zip to extract when that didn't work, but it still did not extract. 7zip showed damaged or broken files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SonjaY79: Karen said the same checksum for exe.The only solution seems to be lookin into your system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whooops - my bad. I copied the wrong number. The 7z file reads 1256E3E9CF2340798A1E6E1A32DCB3CC which is different from Karen's. The .exe file is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2010 May 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My checksum doesn't tally. Does that mean the file on your hosting site is corrupted? The installer is fine.

BC9BDFF4AF79A70DCA3A4333B3DEFF7D *Photoshop_12_LS1.7z

431864652903C33049D352A9E0C0991B *Photoshop_12_LS1.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2011 Jan 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the checksum 'ED461ACEEB296BC620F80063E4A6ACB4' for MasterCollection_CS5_LS1.7z

and 'E7E911F47A3D7E2AD830F134B0357005'     for MasterCollection_CS5_LS1.exe

is it alright?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2011 Jan 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Harmon

This is Karen from the online store.

The checksums for the Master Collection files are as follows:

MasterCollection_CS5_LS1.7zceb53c116832c6ef085d96fced092543
MasterCollection_CS5_LS1.exee7e911f47a3d7e2ad830f134b0357005

The file size for the .7z file is 4,781,188,084 bytes (or almost 5Gb).

So it looks like the exe file you have has the proper checksum, but the .7z file doesn't.  It is a large file, so you it may have gotten damaged during the download process.

You can try downloading it again or use a different download method or browser.   I'm not sure if you used the Akamai download manager or the alternate download method which is provided in your download center to download the file via HTTP-GET direct download.   If you don't want to use the Akamai download manager, you can select "Alternate Download Method" and then click on the "File 2 of 2" to download the .7z file part.  Be aware that some browsers (like older versions of Internet Explorer) have file size limits with HTTP-GET and a 4Gb+ file won't download, so you would be best to use Internet Explorer 8 or Firefox if you want to try the Alternate Download Method (HTTP-GET).

Finally, if you are still having problems, another alternative would be to download the files via the Trial Download Center if you want to use the newer Akamai DLM version.   The Trial Download Center delivers the exaxct same files as the store does.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=master_collection

Hope that helps.

happy new year.

karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2011 Jan 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took more than a month to download this trial,

and i need to download it again,

isn't there any other way?

Can it get Repaired?

or anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

****I Got It****

.7z is a high ratio comressed file and file which we have is about 1.4 GB Compressed into about 950 MB.

So, as high the file(s) is compressed 7z,

as high the chances of a crash

and a change in checksum

because even one byte of change in the file can change the whole checksum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2011 Jan 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and the .7z file crashed because of ''pausing and resuming'' the file again and again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cant pass anything along until someone can tell me if their files did not get downloaded properly.

I haven't received a checksum from anyone saying such.

Until then, this may be more of a product extraction issue.  I know the product team is looking into this.

We have download tested and it is working fine.

I am just trying to isolate if there is a download issue and that has  not been confirmed.

Can you provide a checksum?

or...did can you confirm that you tried the HTTP direct links and those downloaded and extract properly?

Karen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karen,

I have compared the checksum , they are same for both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines