• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 being very slow, since upgrading to Mountain Lion, 2 days not using it

Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2012 Jul 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 being very slow, since upgrading to Mountain Lion, 2 days not using it and design jobs sitting a waiting and costing me. Why is this happening?

I click, I get the wheel showing its working to catch up, I click, I get the wheel showing its working to catch up,I click, I get the wheel showing its working to catch up,I click, I get the wheel showing its working to catch up...............

Everything was fine until I upgraded to Mtn. Lion on my iMac.

I bet if I downloaded some other edit software I wouldn't be having this problem, matter of fact that's an idea.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris.
we just got the new iMacs and working on CS6 and obviously we are having the same issue.

Got to a point where switching to "East Asian" text engin made the problem vanish. Of course this is not a solution since we do have to use Arabic text. Plus, even with the East Asian option, once i have my Linotype Font Explorer open Photoshop will not respond (even with no Arabic or any text available on the page).

A major issue. I think a lot of people are reverting back to CS5 and that's why you are not hearing about it. One of my designers here said he had this issue at home few months back and just stopped using Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> once i have my Linotype Font Explorer open Photoshop will not respond

And that should tell you that your Linotype Font Explorer is part of the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linotype Font Explorer is not the problem. Why Illustrator and Indesign works perfectly with it? Plus my coleagues DO NOT have it installed and they have the same problem.

The fact that using the FontTest.jsx returns no errors at all but nontheless everything works fine after it is done (including when using Font Explorer) is telling me you do have a problem and the fix is just there with you...

Anyways... I have it fixed so don't care if yo uadmit it or not.

peace x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines