• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 - Cannot Minimize After Using External Monitor

Participant ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed after connecting my macbook to an external monitor, I cannot view CS6 as before.

If I increase the image, it appears under the layers palette, which I'm almost certain it didn't do before; making it impossible to crop the image from the right side.

The oddest thing is when I minimize the program, the layers pallette remains on screen by itself.

(I'm thinking it has something to do with being in full screen on the mac while through the monitor, and not being able to get back to the normal screen.)

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Thanks - such a simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I had an external monitor with my macbook, I had to learn to power down the external monitor before disconnecting the display cable from the Mac if I didn't want an oversized screen on the Macbook.

Other ideas:

Toggle the Resize yellow button on the top-left of the Window.

Toggle Window > Application Frame

Window > Reset Workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is really old and doesn't support native full screen. What version of macOS do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sierra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This setup is LONG since obsolete and unsupported. You might try resetting your workspace to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a.jpg

Never did this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never did what before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layer palette remining on screen with the program minimized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Programs don't minimize on the Mac like on Windows. Individual windows minimize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

What type of external monitor are you trying to connect with? Have you tried resetting yor preferences since you started using the external monitor? I am not sure it is pertinent, but it might help. Please read the following document first, to make sure you have any preferences you want to keep stored safely: https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know if that makes a difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the right side Layers panel, etc has become undocked.

To dock the panels grab the top of the Panels and drag towards the right side of screen
till you see a Blue line, then release the mouse and the panels should be docked.

pdock1.png

pdock2.png

After you get the panels docked go to Window>Workspace>New Workspace to save your setup so if anything gets out of whack again you can just reset your saved Workspace.

pdock3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - such a simple solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines