• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 Error: Program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing--etc.

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ref. Win-7 64 / CS-6 64

Just got this error "out of the blue" this evening.   I tried reinstalling Photoshop but it didn't fix the problem.

I do a C: Drive backup monthly, and can revert to it, b ut I'd like to know what caused it, and how to prevent it happening again.

Regards,

Leigh

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2016 Apr 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting this, it fixed my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tiz, regarding HDR Effects Pro 2 not showing up for you. Check under your export pop-up. This is where this plug-in appears. It does not appear in the Photo | Edit In menu along with the others. Only know this because of a book I was reading on the Nik Plugins!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new NIK Software "Analog Efex Pro" ist the reason.

I went into the File Programme / Adobe / Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64bit) / Plug-Ins / Google

and there i removed the Binder Analog Efex Pro.

This solved my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be update to IE or NIk.  See this thread. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1325356?tstart=0

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was NIK (Google), and on my Windows XP system involved the loss of two dlls (MSCVP110 and MSCVR110) from the Windows/system32 folder. I downloaded both, put them in that folder, and all is well again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just encountered this problem today as well.  As it turns out, it is Google's NIK Collection that is the culprit.  (At least it is for me.)

Google ugraded the collection yesterday.  When you open the software and you have an internet connection, the software will download the upgrade and update the software automatically without your knowledge or consent.

When I discovered this, this morning, I uninstalled Nik and re-installed the original version.  The software worked after that.  While contacting Google NIK team, the software updated itself again and is now not working!!!

I have been informed by that team that I am the only one having this issue.  OBVIOUSLY NOT!!  There is no way to stop the software from updating itself; which means, I now have a useless piece of software on my machine that I cannot use until Google fixes this problem.

I hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the missing MSVCP110.dll file this morning also. I was just working  on CS6 yesterday with no problems. I initially tried a restore back to yesterday morning on my WIN 7 machine . The restore dialogue said that NIk programs would be affected, so obviously it had been changed in the last day, which would corroborate what others are indicating. I did the restore but it did not fix the problem.

I checked the Windows/System32 file and the MSVCP110.dll file was not there. I down loaded the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 as links in this forum will direct you to. This worked! And now the MSVCP110.dll file is now in the system 32 file and CS6 starts and works fine as do the nik filters - for now anyway.

A negative mark for Google in pushing this update automatically and causing these problems.

DLP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same issue last night all of a sudden.  I use Photoshop Elements.   Just happened upon the fact it was the Nik plug-in by chance.  Re-installed from the original download link and everything was fine; however, problem has returned. 

I also have alerted Nik/Google to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just un-installed Nik on my computer and re-installed from the original e-mail from Google last March or so.   The download link is an udpated one and includes the new filter.

So far, I'm good, but we'll see if it lasts.  

I would recommend trying that if you saved the e-mail with the link to the entire collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah--I did the same thing yesterday--reinstalling from the original download. You can't do that; the problem returns the next time you reboot your computer. Forget all this stuff about manually splicing in the .dll. Just go to the Nik website and download the trial version of your software directly. This will solve the issue for good. Don't worry that it's a trial version, because your registration will "stick," as will any presets you have downloaded. You will have a full version, not a trial, and you will not have to pay again. No need to uninstall the copies you have, either. Just download from the site, and all problems should vanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, the Nik that I had a trial of, that I then uninstalled and deleted the folders is now a freebie thanks to Google.  Someone there dropped the ball. I just can't figure out how it got through if I didn't have it anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For DLP:

I have MS Visual C ++ 2010 Redistributal 10.0.40219,  that was installed per Windows Update; but the MSVCP110.dll is not on my computer---I have MSVCP100.

Do I need Visual C ++ 2012 Redistributal, & if so, I'm wondering why Windows Update hasen't included it?

Last night, prior to reverting to a Back-up, I tried installing Visual CC ++ 2013, and it wouldn't install, stating I had the "wrong" platform.

Prior to that I tried reinstalling V CC ++ 2010 & it wouldn't install stating that I already had a later version

LW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just download the MSVCP110 .dll (Google to find the download site) and place it in the same folder where you have the 100 dll and all will be well. Except I also had to do the same with MSVCR110.dll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can the MSVCP110.dll download be found?   Every site offering it, that I visited wanted to Run Scans, etc., or Zipped files that won't un-zip.   I'd like to download it direct from Microsoft, bu that's not showing up in a Google search?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click here for download: http://tinyurl.com/aghpfyv

Click on download zip file, not download fixer, and you will have the dll file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent an email earlier about the problem and here is Google's answer:

"Thank you for contacting Nik by Google. I apologize for this inconvenience.  Please download and reinstall the Nik Collection to your computer, either from your original Nik Collection download email, or by downloading the trial from Google.com/NikCollection. This should be version 1.105 of the Nik Collection.  If you previously had a registered version of the Nik Collection installed on your computer, installing the trial will simply update the files for you. Make sure that all host applications are closed as you run the installer, and then you should be able to launch the software once again.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email or visit support.google.com/nikcollection to call our Customer Service Department Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm PST."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded, and installed  the Version 1.105 Collection from the NIK site: and checked Win System 32 and I'm happy to say that the download contained & installed the MSVPC110.dll

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Judybl's solution worked perfectly for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notified The Digital Picture.com of the issue, as they mentioned the AnalogFX update on their site.

They've posted the problem on their News page, so maybe Google/NIK will take notice.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News

LW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would Google/Nik update their software and add a new plug-in without announcing it first????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This Nik update needs the runtime for Visual Studio 2012. You can download the x86 and x64 packages from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Download the x86 and x64 versions of the installer and run both, the Nik software will then work. It looks like Google made the simple error of not testing on a machine which didn't already have these dlls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same message but I don't have Nik on my CS5.  I did have a trial but I got rid of that months ago and the Nik I do have is a very old borrowed Color Efex that's attached to my old PS7 (which opens just fine.)

The link above from MS that Argus posted has 3 choices.  How do I know which one to take?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is bizarre.  I deleted the folder AND uninstalled the Nik Dfine I had a trial of and apparently still got the update that borked my dll.  It's window always came up and I ignored it but Google sending out unannounced and unwanted updates to software that I don't even have any more just to gum up my PS5 is stupidity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to my original email from Nik/Google, inviting me to download the Nik Suite (as I had already purchased the product from Nik). I re-downloded the software, and everything is working fine now...but is MUCH slower! I have been in contact with Google, and they are working on a fix for the slowness issue. They say it will automatically update once they've resolved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While something needs to be done, It's the "automatically" that bothers me.   We don't want a repeat of what happened last week . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines