• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cs6 won't open raw files [from Canon EOS 800D]

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've downloaded all the updates for camera raw, photoshop, and bridge - restarted all - but i still get the same error that the digital files from my canon t7i aren't supported.  found an adobe document that says it is:

EOS 800D
(EOS Digital Rebel T7i, EOS Kiss X9i)
CR29.101.02015.106.10

does anyone know what i need to do to open up these pics in bridge and/or ps?  my version is cs6.

thanks for the help

karen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Sorry that Photoshop CS6 cannot open raw files from Canon EOS 800D.

The screenshot you've posted mentions that the Canon EOS 800D is supported in Camera raw version 9.10 or later.

Photoshop CS6 does not support Camera raw version 9.10

You'll need to use DNG converter to convert raw files to DNG format and then open them in Photoshop. Refer this article for more information: Adobe Digital Negative Converter

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it should support it:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

9.10 (nine point ten) is 9 versions later than 9.1.1 (nine point one point one) in Adobe's version numbering system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you decide to use obsolete software you should expect conflicts with newer hardware and file formats.

If you prefer processing RAW images with ACR instead of the camera maker’s proprietary software you might want to petition them to allow shooting DNG so that Adobe does not have to play catch-up with each new camera model’s RAW format.

Please see for yourself which version of Camera Raw supports a camera and which version of Photoshop is compatible with that ACR version:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-supported-cameras.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines