• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ctrl+J now copying rectangular bounding box as well as the selected pixels

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! In the latest Photoshop 22.0.0 I find Ctrl+J is copying to a new layer a rectangular box bounding the pixels selected as well as the selected pixels. I used this feature extensively in previous versions and I'm at a loss as to how to make it work as before. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt have your benchmark results and based my response on the base model GTX 1050 which doesnt have enough memory.

There have been previous posts about issues with dual graphics cards and Photoshop utlizing your Intel GPU instead of your GTX 1050 specifically. But you've already tried adjusting using this link. The only other suggestion I've seen is a fresh uninstal and reinstall of the Nvidia drivers.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html#GPUandgraphicsdrivertrouble... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just downloaded and installed the latest Studio Driver offered to me by NVIDIA for the GTX 1050:

Driver Version: 457.30 - Release Date: 2020 November 17

and gone for a clean install of the driver.

But still no joy with copying selected pixels to a new layer, whether I tick "Use Grahphics Processor" or not.

However, using  Photoshop 21.2.4 with the "Use Graphics Processor" ticked I can now open jpeg files without getting a blank black canvas.

So progress of sorts.

Still no fix for my original problem though.

How I wish I could go back to v20 and the girl with the freckles.

The mermaid and the flamingos are doing nothing for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your GXT 1050 is 4 years old.  Adobe did not specific what they consider to be OLD GPU which will be of limited use.  Some say PC life cycle is 3 years.  I'm old and retired my Nvidia Quadro K2200 is 6 years old. Adobe seems to ignore this card with their Neural Filters I see Photoshop uses both of my slow 2ghz xeons 6 cores at full tilt.  I see 24 threads running 100% CPU capacity for long stretched of time. So  My Nvidia 4GB Quadro K2200 does not seem to be used by Adobe new GPU code. Only Adobe can tell which GPU Photoshop  support.  However Adobe has not publish any list that I know of.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop is Adobe property and Adobe often make changes to Photoshop and change the way it works and what the machine requirements are requiredfor usiny Photoshop.   Adobe does not support old versions of their software and does not care if users need to buy new equipment to use their software.   Adobe changed machine requirements and dropped support for some Windows and Mac OS versions for theor 2021 version products.   In particular VRAM requirements changed from 512MB to  2GB, Mac Serra  and Windows 7 not supported  and Adobe stated the OLD GPU may be of limited use.  No Date was associated with  the term OLD GPU and there is not list of supported GPU all Adobe seem to state is New GPU that benchmark better the 2000 should be considered for use.    In the Past Adobe seemed to prefer usage of Nvidao Quadro adapters and device drivers for product like AE and Premier Pro which are application the are more demanding on graphics performance than Photoshop.     Adobe also has added compatibility issues and other new issues in Photoshop 22.0 and 22.0.1. and has publish a large list of known issues users will encounter in Photoshop 2021.    Many user find Photoshop 2021 unsuited for their work and need to use Photoshop 2020.  Adobe may find that users will demand the Adobe Continue to support Photoshop 2020 for Photoshop 2021 is a problem.  

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJ - Adobe still does support 2020. The OP is asking to go back to 2019 which is no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe Adobe let you install 2020 supporting 2020 may be a different story. I have seen Adobe add Security fixes to some old version of Photoshop. I do not believe I have seen Adobe fix Photoshop problems in old versions of  photoshop.  Adobe support support seem to be for current software version only. Security patches may be more for Adobe own protection Adobe realizes they need the fix publish security exposures. Perhaps Adobe will realize removing heavy used featured  makes maintenance of old Photoshop version a requirement users will demand from Adobe.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(Reposting this as myseteriously it did not appear in the thread)

I've just downloaded and installed the latest Studio Driver offered to me by NVIDIA for the GTX 1050:

Driver Version: 457.30 - Release Date: 2020 November 17

and gone for a clean install of the driver.

But still no joy with copying selected pixels to a new layer, whether I tick "Use Grahphics Processor" or not.

However, using  Photoshop 21.2.4 with the "Use Graphics Processor" ticked I can now open jpeg files without getting a blank black canvas.

So progress of sorts.

Still no fix for my original problem though.

How I wish I could go back to v20 and the girl with the freckles.

The mermaid and the flamingos are doing nothing for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v21 is 2020. Current version is 22 = 2021. Confusing I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines