Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CS6 offline, not CC. this is my computer:

Operating System, Windows 11 Pro
Physical Memory, 34,359 MB RAM
Processor, 13th Gen Intel Core i7-13700K x64

AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT

Generic 55" Visio monitor

I've tried the Program Properties/Compatibility to Hi DPI on and off with no change, the CS6 Preferences to Full Size Brush Tip, Show Crosshair in Brush Tip, and Other Cursors Precise. What I get is a normal cursor anywhere on the frame of PS, but tiny icon (hands, crosshairs, brushes, etc.) everywhere else in the panels and images and the transition is at the edge of the area.

How do I get the cursors to be consistent and large for use?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

I finally figured out on my own how to deal with this. Here goes.

The problem stems from CS6 being created before large, HD screens became popular. I have a 55" HD screen that I automatically set to run at 3200 x 1800 for fine detail. The reality is that HD really only needs to be about half that for crystal clear images, even on a 55" screen.  Changing the Program DPI settings and PS settings only deal with the lower HD settings popular when PS was created. Thus, there's always a big difference

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally figured out on my own how to deal with this. Here goes.

The problem stems from CS6 being created before large, HD screens became popular. I have a 55" HD screen that I automatically set to run at 3200 x 1800 for fine detail. The reality is that HD really only needs to be about half that for crystal clear images, even on a 55" screen.  Changing the Program DPI settings and PS settings only deal with the lower HD settings popular when PS was created. Thus, there's always a big difference between what is "normal" outside PS versus what's "normal" inside PS.

I changed my resolution within Windows from 3200 x 1800 to 1760 x 990 (about 1/2) and EVERYTHING is still as sharp and clear as before, but now, since I've cut the resolution in half, PS now fits and my in PS pointers are all "normal" size with the rest of the world.

I've seen lots of people with this problem. I hope this helps other, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines