• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Curves "settings" retention issue

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used curves since the early days. 2022 introduced a bug that has been in place for 6 months now. 

The curves dialog eventually starts losing settings upon reopening and the result is a dialog box stating the parameters of the point and then the loss of that point and a new default setting, which clobbers the original setting (which was lost).

1: Open an image file.

2: Create a curves layer

3: Set multiple points on the curve.

4: Close the curves dialog box.

5: Open the curves dialog box and try to move a point.

6: Repeat until the failure starts occuring.

I am under the assumption that there is a issue with preserving curve data across module invocation. Somewhere the "preserved" curve settings is getting clobbered or not properly loaded.

Please fix this.

It is absolutely annoying I have to play "tag" with software defects.

I am running windows 10 on a Thinpad W550s and the latest version of cloud photoshop.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @bongopop, sorry you are having issues.  Tested your steps here and everything works as expected.  Couple things:

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

If it does solve the problem, I would like to get the folder of settings to try and figure out what is bad with them. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply. 

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines